pain killers or acetaminophen

Nankamo

I am on day 4 and I have a cyst that I made an appointment to have looked at. I really could use a pain killer cuz I don't go for the apt until tomorrow. Can I take something? Also I am worried if they drain it or cut it off (that alone is cause for worry!) but what if they want to give me an antiboiotic?! I don't want that AT ALL!! Should I just wait and see if it goes away by the end of the whole 30 or what? Any advice??

You can absolutely take something!

My mom went in last year to get a cyst drained. she went in, totally anticipating that they'd lance it right then and there. They threw her on antibiotics for a week or two to see if that wouldn't fix it. (it didn't). she had to go BACK in to get it drained.

If I were ever in that position, I'd really push my doc to go straight for the draining if I could.

I wouldn't wait, just in case it's a serious staph infection. Totally your call and your comfort though!

Ok you made me feel better about it now. I was gonna tell them to cut it off or drain it or whatever they gotta do but I really don't want to pop anything in my mouth except some more of those damn addicting snap peas, I never had those before and OMG, when did those things start tasting so darn GOOD????

Sorry this post is in the wrong spot. I am just figuring out how this whole forum thing goes. I also talked to an herbalist about that cyst and I am canceling that appointment to see the doctor. She said that the cyst (which started getting bigger and more painful the day I started the whole30) was my body trying to release the toxins in my system. It was trying to release those through my skin, which doesn't work so well cuz I don't sweat. This is apparently another problem I need to "fix" and Im hoping that the lymphatic system clears up and starts to function from doing the whole30. But anyway, we are going to apply an herbal salve to the cyst to help it exit, and then other things to help fix the lymphatic system. and so no antibiotics! YAY!

Archived