My 1st round

BarbaraV7

Hi everyone,

So this is my 1st round of whole 30 & I know it will not be my last...

I am in my 4th week so this means I nearly finished the first 30 days... Today is day 25... Since I'm only getting the hang of everything now, I didn't figure out this forum soon enough and have only been responding to a couple of other participants. 

Technically I should have gone back to "day 1" a few times as I chewed gum a few times.

When I started week 3, when I was halfway, I had a lunch in a town I've not been living in long &  it was hard to find a good place to eat which has compliant whole 30 food. I live in Europe so I can't use the whole 30 resources. I thought I had find a place that only served 2 dishes that were compliant, or I thought they were. I was happy to had found it after a couple of hours of research. Now the day is there & my friend and I enter the place, order our food & I picked a sweet potato vegetable curry. I looked at the ingredients several times & there was no soy nor sugar nor any other ingredients I could't have... 

Until... I tasted the first spoon... I tasted sugar, or I thought... I did eat the curry as I was hungry & hesitant to ask the staff about the ingredients but before walking out, I double checked anyways. The waiter went to check with the kitchen & came back to me saying there is indeed some sugar in the dish. Oh my god the horror! Especially since I didn't want sugar, I didn't crave sugar... I knew I had to start over again & go back to day 1 but I could't as we have a 4 day wedding thing happening a week after I finish the whole 30. I will however try to stay on track & have a bit of wine here and there but I want to come back after the wedding & re-start this whole 30 without any, hopefully, sneaky sugar.

I am quite the active person who will go to the gym for group classes 4/5 times/week & I am a yoga instructor. However when I started the whole30, I had this weird virus and I was feeling exhausted & tired. Drained my energy... Unfortunately, this virus keeps dragging on & I have not had the energy to properly exercise... I don't think I lost weight. I am not a 100% sure as I am not supposed to weigh myself. I did lose the water retention so my rings are lose but not so much my clothes & I still look the same in the mirror ;-) I had been hoping to lose some weight as I gained 5kg this last year.

I hope I can find my energy back soon & lose some weight on the next round. I know this is not the goal for whole 30 but I really need to shed some kg's.

Have a lovely end of the day & speak soon,

Barbara

That’s annoying that there was sugar in your meal! It is so hard to eat food out when on this plan! 
we have talked before about the mystery virus- I still have times where I am feeling really wrung out and exhausted, even after 3.5 weeks! And I have not drunk alcohol since 13th august. I don’t feel ready to stop yet so I think I will carry on after the 30 days are done. I had hoped to feel really healthy and energetic but this round I just haven’t. 

I agree!

this virus is apparently going around, I hear friends from all over telling me the same things & it for sure ain’t covid ;-)

I’m starting to feel better & get my energy back. I’ll try to get back into my workouts this week.

we have a wedding coming up next weekend & I know I’ll have champagne & wine. If I don’t like it, I will not drink it cause I feel it’s not worth it.

but I sure miss a good glass of white wine during the weekend.

Day 30

Today is my last day which means tomorrow I can start to reintroduce certain foods/drinks, one at a time.

I am feeling very bloated today so not a great ending to my whole30. Because of this weird virus I've been carrying around sine day 1, I've been very low on energy & tired and just not feeling myself.

This made me not work out for nearly 3 weeks which is very unusual for me as I'm usually 4/5 days per week found in the gym, running or teaching yoga...

I never experienced the Tiger Blood & I don't think I lost weight ( I feel this in my clothes), except for the water retention. So I am a bit disappointed in that. However, I want to start again on Monday since I want to try this again without the mistakes of eating out... I am not sure I'll be able to stick fully to it this time as we're going on a holiday soon... I need to get my head around this & figure it out. 

Day 31

this is it! I got on the scale just now & the verdict is … -2 kg 

It’s not a massive amount & not what I expected if I’m fair & honost … I was hoping for a bit more weight loss as once you start the reintroduction, a bit of weight, I suspect, will come back on?! I also believe it isn’t much of a loss of weight but rather water retention. I was really swollen lately… 

I am grateful for fitting in a few dresses a bit better.

I am reintroducing just a little bit as I will be back for another round next Monday.

So I am going to take the weekend off as we have this 4 day wedding thing & I know eating out is a nightmare so I know stuff will slip in my diet anyways. I will still try to keep up as much as possible but I won’t always be able to pick my food so I’ll have to go with whatever they serve…

I’ll stay away from the deserts unless there’s a wedding cake, I might taste a bi… or not…

curious to see how strong I’ll be & if it changed me & if I feel the food freedom yet ?!? 

Archived