Last week of Whole30 & sugar dragon awoke

JessLewis

Hey friends! I began my whole30 on September 1 and so I am in the final push! About five days ago my sugar dragon woke up hard core. I had been doing really well not eating dates and almond butter, which I know is my kryptonite but all of a sudden I cannot keep my hands off them. I’ll eat a dozen in a sitting and can’t stop. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is and it is often late at night. Help? I can’t figure out how to stop and I can feel my body responding negatively and puffing back up.  

• Moderators

What do the rest of your meals look like? Are you eating enough in general, and in particular enough fat and protein? 

Without knowing what your meals generally look like, I would just say to make sure your meals match the meal template, meaning a palm-sized serving or more of protein, a serving or more of fat, in addition to the oil you use to cook with, and 2-3 cups of vegetables. If you're hungry, try eating a mini-meal with some protein, fat, and vegetables. 

If your meals are definitely large enough, and are keeping you satisfied for 4-5 hours at a time, then maybe eating dates and almond butter is more of an emotional thing, and it might be helpful to journal about what you're feeling or talk to someone about it.

Archived