Convenient snacks in a pinch

Mallory

Hey everyone, I am on Day 2 of my Whole30 and was running around doing some errands and am starving!

Because of auto immune issues, I can't do eggs, nuts, or nightshades. So hard boiled eggs are out and so is grabbing some nuts to keep in my car

Any suggestions on what I could grab from a grocery store in a pinch? Obviously fruit, but what else? Are there any deli meats that are compliant?

Hi- I've picked up cold cooked shrimp from the grocery store along with some sliced vegetables from the salad bar when I have been caught without a snack. Hope that helps!

I realized we needed dinner on the run tonight so I grabbed an avocado, some smoked salmon, and cucumber, and made little canapes on slices of cucumber. It was yummy! I keep a lunch bag with tableware, napkins and small plates in the car so I had what I needed to prep it. That isn't as convenient or quick as nuts/eggs, but when your options are limited, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

sliced veggies or cut up fruit

homemade (or other paleo friendly) beef jerky

dates? (just a few pieces to hold you over til you get home)

apples and sunflower seed butter (the sugar free kind, not the sunbutter brand)

The grocery store I frequent has deli meat that they do in house and it's just meat, no filler. Not sure if that's an option for you, but it could be!

Always the possibility of ordering some sushi rolls or handrolls without rice too, if there's a local place near by

guacamole and veg to dip it in.

Applegate is a brand of deli meat you can look for (I buy mine at Whole Foods, but not sure if other supermarkets has this like Safeway?). You could also pick up a little veggie tray, or a bag of carrots. Maybe a can of tuna and you could grab plastic utensils from the store.

When I know I am running around doing errands and other annoying things, and I know I will need to eat in there somewhere, I pack a small little cooler of stuff from home.

Thanks for all of the suggetions! I think when I am leaving the house I will just have to pack something even if I think I'm just going to be gone for 30 minutes. Also, does anyone know if the sunbutter thing would be ok for me or am I trying to avoid all nuts and seeds?

Roast beef is often safe. A lot of stores roast theirs in house and can tell you what seasonings and oils are used, if any.

We hike a lot and we usually just grap 3/4# of roast beef on the way and snack on it as we go.

Archived