Day 16 redux..muscle issues, hubby issues...??

suzytee

Day 16 of our Whole30! Feels amazing to have come this far. I'm feeling great (except for hubby's attitude) , but I pretty much always feel great. Treated myself to some new kitchen items. I just seem to have some muscular issues. I had posted before about feeling like my muscles weren't getting fueled fast enough when walking up the stairs for example. This was early on and I was encouraged to wait and let my body learn how to burn fat. I am getting some calf cramps at night. I got some Natural Calm yesterday and started that last night. I seem to be falling asleep less easily than before and that is with no caffeine. I started Whole9 after Thanksgiving and just realized that I have had 2 muscle strains in that time. I haven't been aware of them happening until after and then I am set back in my workouts for a week. I am not doing anything new in my workout routine. I can't see how anyone could lack for all the vitamins they need eating all these amazing foods but do I have magnesium needs? I also have osteopenia so this is crucial to keeping my bones strong. I would appreciate suggestions. I am hoping that the Natural Calm does the trick....though the intro amount had no affect in fact it took longer than it has been to fall asleep.

The hubby rant....he was all for this except like alot of men...he opted not to inform himself by reading the book and though I've forwarded him all the support emails...who knows if he is reading them. He has given up alcohol on top of everything else. He had one cheat on day 6 and says he will add the extra days at the end. We'll see about that. But he won't really eat the required amounts ....hard for him as a former anerexic....so has had energy problems. I've offered him the guidelines and when he "remembers" they help. He is a type 1 diabetic as well so has a host of issues. He also smokes and though he has cut back...it's definitely not a total 30. But I'm taking what I can get. We set out to do this for our mentally handicapped 30 year old son who lives with us and is quite obese. Anyway...hubby is barely speaking to me at this point...I call it pouting...okay...I need to rant. But I'm hoping that he will brighten up soon. I have taken to basically not talking to him at this point(as of yesterday)...childish I know....but I have been up and positive for 15 days....so maybe another approach is necessary. He doesn't really talk back anyway...he is retired and we are best friends so I'm sure it will work out, but I just wanted to share it with someone who might understand and have some words of advice from past experiences. The wellness meats bacon is arriving today....maybe that will bring some better moods!! My son and I are following the template and though he lost 15 pounds from Thanksgiving to Jan. 1st he has only lost 3 in the past 15 days. I let him weigh because he needs motivating in different ways than the rest of us...intrinsic motivation doesn't happen often with him. I'm not sure why the slow down except that maybe he was working out much hard at that point. So he will increase his activity level and I'm sure that will help. He is enjoy all the great foods and since there is nothing to cheat on that can't really be an issue. Well despite all this...I'm looking forward to the next 15 days and thinking to what will happen at that point. Good luck to all of you who have chosen this amazing ride!!

What an amazing story. How fantastic to be doing it for your son. My son is 24 and lives with me. He's on the autistic spectrum but, unfortunately there's only about 6 foods he eats, none of which I'd recomend but he's beyond my influencing him. Everyone has up and down days during a W30 and it really is a case of just learning to trust the program, not always easy I know. Can't really advise on hubby (I've divorced 2 of them :) ) but I hope things settle down soon. All the best.

It sounds like things are going well overall! I actually think your hubbie is doing great (and yes, we often have to do all the reading & reminding for them :(...) It may be that his energy burst hasn't hit him yet due to his health issues (namely diabetes & smoking). If he's only had one cheat but will make up the days at the end, I wouldn't sweat it. keep doing what you're doing & continue supporting him through this too. It seems like it's tougher for him but don't let his bad mood spoil your good mood. :) He'll come around!

Archived