Day 10 and I slipped up!

I am home sick with a horrible walking pneumonia. I woke from a drug (prescribed, of course) induced sleep of 12 hours. I was famished and the quickest thing I saw was a box of fiber one cereal. I ate 1/2 bowl with 1/2 cup of lactaid milk.

Does this mean I start over or can I just keep moving forward? I'm so upset with myself, i've been doing so well. It's been easy, in fact, but I'm so zapped and exhausted from being sick that I let it get the best of me. I really would like to just act like this slip-up never happened and move on. Is that at all possible?

I'm sorry you're sick :/

The cereal and milk will absolutely derail your results. Instead of starting over, add 10 days to the end and eat clean from here on out. It all balances out time wise, but most people (myself included), find it less debilitating to make it a whole40 instead of saying you're back at Day 1. Make sense?

I'm sorry you're sick :/

The cereal and milk will absolutely derail your results. Instead of starting over, add 10 days to the end and eat clean from here on out. It all balances out time wise, but most people (myself included), find it less debilitating to make it a whole40 instead of saying you're back at Day 1. Make sense?

This really helps me. I just had some alcohol last night at a ski trip (on the 3rd night. I didn't have a drop the 1st and 2nd nights.) I truly think of it as a special occasion as it was just about the most fun night of my life. I also was totally clean with everything else I ate.

I was hating the fact that I had to start the count over, but I'd be happy to just call it a whole 40 or 45 instead and stay clean from here on out.

Archived