Day 11 Second Check-in (things are different)

pghtri

Things are different than my Day 9 post. My energy levels during the day are WAY up. Yesterday I ran 3 miles (usual) and felt more energy and could have kept going. Patellar tendinitis in my knees, which has dogged me for 3 years, is virtually gone. I get home at night, and instead of crashing, I have enough energy to prep a healthy dinner and prepare food for the next day. I'm thinking the exercise may be forcing my body to fat-metabolize (has to get energy from somewhere?). I know I've lost a fair bit of water weight. I didn't do this to lose weight and am already slender, so it's intriguing to see how my body changes (just a few pounds is noticeable). My pants were looser this morning.

Things that haven't changed or are still worse than before: falling asleep and staying asleep at night (I had a few very good nights, but now I have trouble settling down at night), waking up groggy (caffeine not a factor), back pain (reduced, but still there), mentally don't feel sharper or clearer, and my personality still feels a little dull. I don't really laugh like I used to--granted that could have been linked to my carb highs.

I'm proud of myself for doing 11 clean days. I had some significant cravings the first week but did not give in. I was diligent about preparing my food and not leaving myself with an easy out. I'm excited to see what the remaining 19 days will be like. I've gotten 1 and hopefully 2 other coworkers to join me and am excited to see how this helps them!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing. I am at Day 9 and am experiencing the same sleeping issues. I have always had issues with falling asleep but not staying asleep. I have been a Diet Coke addict with wine at night which I knew affected my sleep. Now that I have taken all of that away, I was hoping for sleepful bliss. Not happened yet. I will give it the 30 days. I cannot wait to fall asleep easily and wake up refreshed.

Archived