Yikes - eating out is a crapshoot

jayelle

I'm on day 15 of my first Whole30, and feeling GREAT (among other things, the arthritic pain I used to have in my feet every time I stood up - especially in the a.m. - is GONE).

I think I've been 100% compliant, but I had dinner out last night and was totally paranoid about not getting all of the right info from the server (there was no reason not to trust her, but I don't think servers always know what exactly is going on in the kitchen). Here's what I had:

Shared guacamole with friends (my suggestion, and the chips were not a temptation AT ALL)

Grilled salmon with herb (clarified) butter

Steamed broccoli

2 club sodas with lime (can't wait for my day 31 dirty martini!!!)

I am also going out to dinner tomorrow night and planning to have a steak and steamed veggies.

I think part of my paranoia is that the food I'm eating is DELISH and I'm not hungry (except when it's time for a meal, and even then not HUNGRY, just hungry), and I don't have cravings, so part of me is thinking, "how can this be?"

I hear you on eating out - it is totally a crapshoot, even when the server has the best of intentions. I've been a total hermit during this W30 because I want to be 100% sure it's true (I am pretty sure that my last one had some eating out contamination), though I'm guessing I'll need to brave a restaurant at some point before it's over. Seems like you are navigating these situations well!

Great job! One of the best perks of this for me is the ability to stop eating when I am full, and not have some hyped up version of hunger right before I eat.

I, too, love a good dirty martini! I'll look forward to giving you a *cheers* on day 31. :)

the food I'm eating is DELISH and I'm not hungry (except when it's time for a meal, and even then not HUNGRY, just hungry), and I don't have cravings, so part of me is thinking, "how can this be?"

Same for me. Delicious food. Very satisfied. No cravings.

Don't you love it? I love it!

Archived