Day 14 and I'm cravvvvvvving!!

Ok, so I'm halfway through Day 14 and so far it's been fine apart from the odd craving and having to make myself go to bed at 9pm so I wouldn't raid the fridge! But today....I WANT CHOCOLATE AND CRISPS AND WINE!!! ALL TOGETHER!!! Don't know where this has come from! I possibly didn't have enough lunch (2 small chicken thighs with a few bits of veg taken from a baked dish I made last night)...Am on my 3rd coffee with coconut milk of the day, it's 3.45pm and I want to get into bed and eat junk and drink! Argh!! Any suggestions anyone?! :(

You aren't the only one! I'm also on Day 14 and the cravings have been pretty intense the past few days. I've had to fight through them, by going to bed early and drinking peppermint tea. It's helped! I'm trying to remember why I'm doing this and how far I've made it. We're almost 1/2 way done! Keep up the good work!

I can definitely sympathize.

I think the Whole30 Timeline is spot on about Day 8-15: http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/.

Particularly, "All joking aside, though, this phase gets really intense and for some people. This is the part of the program where our minds try to drive us back to the comfort of the foods we used to know. Our food relationships are deeply rooted and strongly reinforced throughout the course of our lives and breaking through them is really big deal. Journaling can be especially enlightening and helpful during this phase, and helpful for reflection later. Take some time to jot down what you're craving, how you're feeling and what tools you're using to work through the cravings."

It got really intense for me too. On Day 15 I couldn't get Cinnabons out of my mind, no matter how hard I tried, it persisted all day. I really think it's just our minds trying to get that "reward" affect from sugar.

You just have to stay strong and keep pushing through it until the end!

I am right there with ya! I'm so sad and think this is some sort of mourning phase. All of sudden, while driving this morning, I started to really question how bad these food really are for my body..."Well, maybe I should just Eat Clean and log my food again...can't be that bad." Even though I know, through applied knowledge about my body, why I need to eat this way the mind is so tricky and convincing when it wants a drug. (This is how I view some foods...as drugs) I just keep trying to focus on all the positives so far from this lifestyle change, and there are a lot!

Hang in there!!

That was me yesterday, I wanted junk, junk, junk, and wine. I didn't do it. I drank some hot tea, and sat back and "observed" my tastebuds and my mind having a tantrum for ice cream and chocolate and wine and cigerettetes.

This morning things are better, I don't want anything. Just to go back to bed and spend the day there.

I'm on day 16 and still craving a few things. But, it's not as constant as it is when I'm eating sugar. I really, really want a latte, some chocolate, and maybe a glass of wine. During my last whole30, I reached a turning point (not until about day 18 or 19) where I realized I just wasn't thinking of any of that anymore. Hoping it happens again soon!

You're not alone. I've been craving chocolate chip cookies for the past 6 days and I'm on day 15. It's not an unbearable craving, but I know I really want a cookie. When it gets bad, I make myself a little Whole30 treat like cinnamon in my almond milk or a Lara Bar instead.

oh thank you all so much! so glad I'm not the only one!! :rolleyes: And thanks Della Nova for the Timeline...I've been looking for it all day but was looking for Timetable, doh! I managed to get home, had a few nuts and a couple of dates while getting dinner ready. Have eaten (chicken thighs baked with peppers, onions, brocolli, tomatoes and coconut milk on top of caulirice) and I feel much better. More food tomorrow I think, as I definitely left myself short on lunch today. And an early night ;) BTW if anyone wants a tasty alternative to eggs in the morning, sometimes I do roasted butternut squash with coconut milk, some chopped toasted nuts and cinammon & nutmeg....ti's delish!

I am by no means an expert but I am pretty sure you should be having protein with this.

BTW if anyone wants a tasty alternative to eggs in the morning, sometimes I do roasted butternut squash with coconut milk, some chopped toasted nuts and cinammon & nutmeg....ti's delish!

I'm even less of an expert but I can see how a breakfast like that could set one up for carb cravings later in the day.

Apart from that, yeah, not eating enough will certainly also bring them on.

These days the only time I crave carbs is when I am genuinely HUNGRY and my body is simply screaming for CALORIES.

I'm even less of an expert but I can see how a breakfast like that could set one up for carb cravings later in the day.

Apart from that, yeah, not eating enough will certainly also bring them on.

These days the only time I crave carbs is when I am genuinely HUNGRY and my body is simply screaming for CALORIES.

I figured with the nuts and the fat from coconut milk it'd be pretty balanced... I usually find i'm ok regarding cravings after this breakfast, although I don't have it often, but perhaps it is too high in carbs. Yesterday I just didn't get enough calories as you say... :)

Hi, all. I'm on day 16 and feel FABULOUS. I have not had any really significant cravings (this, my friends, is a miracle), but last night I dreamed that I ate stuff that was not in the Whole30 plan, and it was a bit of a nightmare (in my dream, I bit something and felt something crunchy like crust or a cracker or something, and was desparately trying to spit it out).

The good news is that Whole30 has entered my subconscious, so it's getting rooted in my brain, but I continue to be ever so paranoid that I may accidently eat something that's not allowed. I have to admit that in my first week I was making whole grain pasta for my family and completely mindlessly ate a (as in one) noodle to check to see if they were fully cooked. I didn't start over, as it was early in my Whole30, but that freaked me out! In my second week, I was at a party and I was told that the rub on the meat that was served did not contain sugar, but I later found out that it did (it was the last ingredient, and the rub wasn't sweet, even to my newly sensitized taste buds).

I'm thinking that it's best not to stress out about things that we can't control (that's a generally good way to live life, IMHO), and I am definitely feeling results (losing inches, great energy, less musculoskeletal pain), so I just keep going (and enjoying it!).

I posted a recipe on my log yesterday for a pumpkin "pie". It has eggs in it along with the pumpkin. Maybe subbing the squash you like for the pumpkin and keep everything else the same. That would give you what you need, as long as it is a meal and not post workout (too much fat for post workout).

Thanks Melelina...I was having about 10 nuts altogether (a mixture of different types). Guess I better rethink that particular breakfast, boo...it was yum! ;)

I posted a recipe on my log yesterday for a pumpkin "pie". It has eggs in it along with the pumpkin. Maybe subbing the squash you like for the pumpkin and keep everything else the same. That would give you what you need, as long as it is a meal and not post workout (too much fat for post workout).

Hi Melelina, do you have the link for your pumpkin pie post please? I had a look through your blog but couldn't find it :wacko:

I have been craving fats SO much the last 2-3 days. I am on day 15. These last nights I have had more protein but nothing satisfies like fat. Avocados or nuts, I had to have it. I am disappointed and don't know if I need to start over? I know avocados are fine but eating handfuls of nuts is definitely not. :(

I am on day 12 and today I have been craving ALL DAY!!! I have really stuck to Whole 30 except I have allowed some moderate alcohol. I really feel great; digestion is much improved and my mood and energy are building!!! All of a sudden, I am afraid that I will not make it another two weeks or more. I LOVE eating foods on this program and don't plan on reintroducing too much back in. The foods that I will introduce are GF oatmeal and moderate portion of (1/2 cup) brown or wild rice. Those are the two things that are healthy, agree with my system and add some variety. I will add these after at least 30 days (maybe more) as I am happy and content. Any thoughts or suggestions to get through the second half? It would be much appreciated...

I'm also on Day 12 and am experiencing some pretty intense cravings tonight (wine, chocolate, milkshake, french fries, cheese & crackers...). Waahh!! Stacey, my advice to you would be to eliminate the moderate alcohol. It is full of sugars, which will totally set you up for cravings, and also will not allow the healing process to happen in your gut. By not eliminating alcohol, you aren't getting everything you can out of the hard work you are putting into your Whole30. Giving up my wine is by far the hardest part of my W30. But we can do anything for 30 days, right?

Have you read ISWF yet?

Archived