Day 14 and I'm cravvvvvvving!!

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the reply; I have followed Whole30 to the letter except for an occasional bit of vodka when I am out to dinner (not to worry I order carefully). My cravings are better today and I assume that these cravings will come and go for the duration and that this is normal. I agree with what you say about alcohol but I have cut down drastically (I had a nasty wine habit) and realize that I want this program to be liveable and realistic for 30 days...I don't want to experience too much of a set back as I reintroduce but, truthfully, at this point I will only be reintroducing the following (after 30 days or more): GF oatmeal, 1/2 cup serving brown rice or quinoa and possibly one serving of Greek Yogurt and one serving dark chocolate (although not all of this in one day:-). I don't want this to be a DIE-IT I want this to be a LIVE-IT. In other words, I have no intention of doing this 30 day program and then going food wild and wasting all my effort.

Let me know your thoughts... Stacey

Here you go.

Recipe:

2c canned pumpkin

1c coconut milk

4 eggs

1T pumpkin pie spice

4T + 1t coconut flour

Mix well, put into greased pie plate and cook @ 350 for one hour.

(I found this recipe on someone else's log. Very tasty and easy too! That recipe called for 3 eggs. The moderators suggested adding meat for more protein but that didn't tickle my fancy so I bumped it up to four eggs. I added the extra teaspoon of coconut flour to make up for the extra liquid. I ate half of the pie plate. It was a HUGE serving. I think next time I will increase the eggs a bit more so I don't have to eat quite as much. It was a little dry so I drizzled coconut milk on top.)

Hi Melelina, do you have the link for your pumpkin pie post please? I had a look through your blog but couldn't find it :wacko:

I don't want this to be a DIE-IT I want this to be a LIVE-IT.

LOVE-IT! :P

I still think to get the full benefit, you need to go for it 100%, which means no alcohol. And believe me, I know how difficult that can be. Maybe you already have, but if you have not, I really really REALLY suggest you read It Starts With Food. It helps you understand why a Whole30 needs to be ... *whole*, not 99%. That said, it sounds like you are making phenomenal changes and have a great attitude about making this your lifestyle. BTW, my first off-plan item after this 30-day adventure is very likely to be a glass of wine :ph34r:

Thanks Ann! I really am loving this program and have a new found love for healthy fat! I agree with you about the alcohol but I am just now sure that I can do it but I am considering it...and, yes, I did read ISWF. Loved the book and love this forum! The only thing that concerns me is if I will lose weight...I have to put all this effort in and stay the same or gain. I am old fashioned about counting calories or counting something to ensure that you are not taking in too much food (I tend to be an overeater). Any words of wisdom on the weight issue?

Ruth, Please, the thought of pumpkin (which I froze into little cupcake molds in half cup quantities last fall) with egg sounds amazing, pumpkin pie spice? cinnomon? nutmeg?? I tried to find the recipe! can you post it here?? I would love to try that.

shoot, I just found it, nevermind! :S

Here you go.

Recipe:

2c canned pumpkin

1c coconut milk

4 eggs

1T pumpkin pie spice

4T + 1t coconut flour

(I found this recipe on someone else's log. Very tasty and easy too! That recipe called for 3 eggs. The moderators suggested adding meat for more protein but that didn't tickle my fancy so I bumped it up to four eggs. I added the extra teaspoon of coconut flour to make up for the extra liquid. I ate half of the pie plate. It was a HUGE serving. I think next time I will increase the eggs a bit more so I don't have to eat quite as much. It was a little dry so I drizzled coconut milk on top.)

ooh, thanks Melelina! That sounds delicious!! I'll try it over the weekend :)

You are right! Sorry for posting the wrong info.

Just want to clarify that eggs do not have 17 grams of protein; they have about 6...same as the nuts. Not sure if this matters in terms of counting nuts as a fat or as a protein source. What is the correct answer?

Just want to clarify that eggs do not have 17 grams of protein; they have about 6...same as the nuts. Not sure if this matters in terms of counting nuts as a fat or as a protein source. What is the correct answer?

Nuts are still a fat source, eggs are still a protein source :)

I didnt experience cravings until this past week (I am day 24 right now). I was playing with my daughter and her play-doh ice cream maker and the mint chocolate chip play-doh looked so real I wanted to bite it!! I literally could taste it! I didnt experience anything as strong as this craving when I was pregnant so I was so surprised.

I have been eating this a lot over the past week or so. I haven't seen much in the way of body compostion changes. Some days I feel like I might even have gained. Renee looked at my log and suggested I ditch the pie. Since I posted the recipe here, I thought I should come back and say that it might not be the best thing to eat. Renee's comments were:

"I think you're relying on the pumpkin "PIE" too much, which is a bad thing for a couple of reasons: a) it's pie. 2) it doesn't have a lot of protein in it, c) you have it multiple meals/day and we like to see more variety, d) it's pushing other vegetables off your plate."

Here you go.

Recipe:

2c canned pumpkin

1c coconut milk

4 eggs

1T pumpkin pie spice

4T + 1t coconut flour

Archived