kellyp

I am on day 16 and have been feeling really well most of the time. When I'm reading posts, I start getting a little confused about the fat.

I know the template says thumb size portion for cooking. Then there is fat for eating such as avocados.

If I use fat for cooking am I not supposed to have other fats with my meal? One day I think I have it right then other days I am questioning myself.

• Moderators

You probably can't get all the fat you need from cooking oils, so it is important to add some avocado, olives, coconut, etc. some of the time. You don't have to add extra fat at every meal, however. Sometimes your meat has good fat content. These things average out over time. Focus most on preparing a tasty meal and things will probably be good over time.

Wow...now I am even more confused. I thought we were supposed to add fat to every meal, at least one serving, maybe two. I have been making fat a priority at every meal. I have been eating way too much fat, methinks!

You probably can't get all the fat you need from cooking oils, so it is important to add some avocado, olives, coconut, etc. some of the time. You don't have to add extra fat at every meal, however. Sometimes your meat has good fat content. These things average out over time. Focus most on preparing a tasty meal and things will probably be good over time.

Wow...now I am even more confused. I thought we were supposed to add fat to every meal, at least one serving, maybe two. I have been making fat a priority at every meal. I have been eating way too much fat, methinks!

Having seen your food logs, you're fine!

Archived