Places to eat out?

SouthernBeth

Mexican and other South American cuisines are surprisingly easy, Brazilian especially.

I find New American to often be really great food, and they're usually savvy enough that they'll be happy to customize based on restrictions.

Farm to table restaurants are the same way, and their quality is usually unsurpassed.

I've also found French to be really good for post whole30. Lots of butter, but otherwise, GREAT food

Unfortch, I live in the South, in a small town. No Brazilian food or 'real' Mexican food for many miles. No farm to table, No french. Why did I even start this thread?! We're never eating out again. Except right now. To Cracker Barrel. Not sure we can eat much more than salads, since they don't post ingredients online. Blerg!

My niece used to work at a Cracker Barrel and she said they make everything from scratch. Potentially they could customize a meal. Not sure if they can do it on the spot but maybe you can talk to a manager while you're there and ask how to handle it for the future?

Oh, wait, you posted yesterday. How was it?

My niece used to work at a Cracker Barrel and she said they make everything from scratch. Potentially they could customize a meal. Not sure if they can do it on the spot but maybe you can talk to a manager while you're there and ask how to handle it for the future?

Oh, wait, you posted yesterday. How was it?

Not so great. We both felt terrible on Thursday. I had some beef tips with mushrooms, a sweet potato, and attempted to eat some turnip greens, and I had a couple bites of salad, but it tasted too sweet, so I stopped. I thought I was going to throw up in the middle of teaching! I took Friday off from school, just in case it was the flu, but I felt much better after a good food day Thursday and a good breakfast Friday. Guess we won't be going back for the time being. I just feel like a jerk taking 10 minutes to order some beef or chicken, and there isn't enough on the menu to justify going back a lot. Next time maybe I'll have eggs and turkey sausage? I don't know. :(

I don't think we have any Argentinian places here, but it's worth looking in to! We have Vietnamese place I used to LOVE, so maybe I should look into how all that's prepped, but I wonder if there is a lot of peanut oil? We have a 'nuevo latino' place I like and one nice restaurant I could look in to as well for my husband's birthday next weekend. Hrmmmm.

Sometimes I get so jealous of you all with your Wegmans, TJs, and Whole Foods and good Farm to Table places!!

If you have any Tex-Mex type places, fajitas without the tortillas, cheese, etc. would be great. Or, a lot of taco salads would be ok, so long as you cut the dairy and didn't eat the shell.

Breakfast menus at lots of places have good options. I do steak and eggs a lot (with fruit or sliced tomatoes instead of the hashbrowns or whatever else they usually include). I like that, because it seems special enough to be worth ordering out.

I actually really like salads, so when I'm not Whole30ing, I actually really like California Pizza Kitchen, since they have a whole page of salads on their menu. So, that's something worth watching for at other places.

I forgot about taco salads and fajitas! We could totally do those. I saw the Panera 'secret' menu, too, which looks delish. Sometime soon for a 'special' morning, I'm going to eat up their steak breakfast.

I thought about ordering breakfast the other day, but it got the better of me. It's a pretty safe option, so I'll just have to remember that next time!

Archived