Does anyone else find coconut flour gritty?

kaybee

I bought some to make the crab cakes and the crispy chicken from the Well Fed cookbook, and each time I've used it now it seems kind of gritty, like it doesn't quite bind with fats the way flour does to make a crispy crust. Is it the brand (Bob's Red Mill), just the way it is, or am I doing something wrong?

I used Bob's Red Mill coconut flour to crust some chicken livers for supper tonight, and I did think it was gritty. Off the Whole30 when I make Paleo-ish baked goods for the kids with it, I reeeeeally don't like the texture...almost seems like it sucks the moisture out of everything. My liver never got crispy, either, and kind of made a mush combined with the coconut oil in the pan. If anybody has a recommendation for another brand, I'd love to hear it!

I used Bob's Red Mill coconut flour to crust some chicken livers for supper tonight, and I did think it was gritty. Off the Whole30 when I make Paleo-ish baked goods for the kids with it, I reeeeeally don't like the texture...almost seems like it sucks the moisture out of everything. My liver never got crispy, either, and kind of made a mush combined with the coconut oil in the pan. If anybody has a recommendation for another brand, I'd love to hear it!

Yes, this! ^

• 8 months later...

Archived