Baby weaning at almost 8months but barely eating solids

My almost 8 month old is nursing jus once a day and taking in about 20 ounces of dairy free/soy free hypoallergenic formula (I was not producing enough milk and her weight dropped off the charts at 5 months). I have been completely paleo for over a year and have a great diet. I breastfed my first daughter for 13 months.

My question is at 1 year when the docs recommend introducing milk what should I use. I don't want her on formula any longer than necessary. Hopefully she will be eating more solids by then (just started sweet potatoes and squash last week) but is there anything other than milk or formula I can give her?

Well I do organic raw milk when my littles wean BUT they don't need it. If you transition to a diet with adequate protein and LOADS of great healthy fats they can skip milk or milk replacement in general. When all of mine start solids, I always mix virgin coconut oil or grass fed butter (ghee would work) in with their applesauce, sweet potatoes, etc. I've been known to just spoon feed coconut oil LOL. We also do hardboiled egg yolks as a first food. A good well-rounded baby diet with protein, loads of fat, and healthy carbs and veg is all your baby will need.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived