Day 17 - Feeling discouraged!

CherylG

Discouraged. I do not feel good for the 2nd day in a row, worse than yesterday. My sinuses are stuffy again, ears hurt, joints hurt, exhausted even after a good nights sleep. I don't think I am coming down with something as this is how I have felt for a long time before the changes. I wish I knew why I seem to have gone backwards on the health front.

The way I feel the past couple of days are exactly what motivated me in December to make serious changes, then in January to start Whole30. I am not throwing in the towel by any means, just frustrated. I am so tired of not feeling well. I felt so good the past couple of weeks, that I know my body will get past this. I have lost a size plus in jeans and have collar bones again! Up until now I have had great energy, no hunger and just feel better all around.

I did have a few new foods on Monday and Tuesday that I have not had since the beginning. Monday I had a 1/4 of a tomato in my avocado. Tuesday I had about 10 raisins and and a few mushrooms in cauli-rice pilaf. Could these be the problem? Could I be that sensitive to these things?

No new spices, veggies, no other fruit. This is roughly what I have been eating. Morning: 3 eggs w/coconut oil, small amt of onion, green peppers and spinach and most times 1/2 avocado & coffee with coconut milk. Lunch is usually a salad with protein, avocado, oil and vinegar, maybe olives. Dinner is protein, greens, broccoli, cauliflower, or 1/2 sweet potato. All spices are compliant. No snacking. No nuts.

Any encouragement would be helpful!!!

Cheryl, so sorry you are not having a great experience this week. It's hard when you make a whole-hearted investment in something and you don't get the results you want in a logical timeframe!

It does sound like you are making great choices. My suspicion is that you will start to see the results you're after, if you stick with it. We are all experiencing different results in different time frames, and you may just have a little further to go. I am really glad you are not throwing in the towel — I admire your commitment to sticking with this.

A friend told me once that the first thing that comes up when you plant a seed in the dirt is not actually a delightful little green sprout. The first thing that comes up is... more dirt. The dirt has to come up and get out of the way so that there's room for the sprout to grow. That sounds like what you're experiencing here. I do have confidence that if you stick with the plan, you will see less dirt and more sprouts soon.

Discouraged. I do not feel good for the 2nd day in a row, worse than yesterday. My sinuses are stuffy again, ears hurt, joints hurt, exhausted even after a good nights sleep. I don't think I am coming down with something as this is how I have felt for a long time before the changes. I wish I knew why I seem to have gone backwards on the health front.

The way I feel the past couple of days are exactly what motivated me in December to make serious changes, then in January to start Whole30. I am not throwing in the towel by any means, just frustrated. I am so tired of not feeling well. I felt so good the past couple of weeks, that I know my body will get past this. I have lost a size plus in jeans and have collar bones again! Up until now I have had great energy, no hunger and just feel better all around.

I did have a few new foods on Monday and Tuesday that I have not had since the beginning. Monday I had a 1/4 of a tomato in my avocado. Tuesday I had about 10 raisins and and a few mushrooms in cauli-rice pilaf. Could these be the problem? Could I be that sensitive to these things?

Cheryl, I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged and haven't felt 100% the last couple of days...but I think you're missing the forest for the trees here. Look at what I bolded for you up there! You lost a pants size, have had great energy, and just feel better...in only 17 days! That is _awesome_. Everybody has bad days. I know I wake up some days after 8 hours of sleep and really just want to go back to sleep. It happens. It doesn't mean it's not working, it doesn't mean that there's something wrong. Everything else about your experience is evidence to the contrary, right?

I WOULD add some more food, maybe more starchy carbs to your daily intake though. It looks pretty good, but you could use more.

Renee, thank you for the reply. You are so, right "everybody has bad days" I am very happy with the progress I have made so far, just nervous about feeling blah again.

I didn't stress over it today. I pulled myself together and got on with things! I think I just really needed a public vent! It is supposed to be sunny here this weekend so getting out in the sun will help tremendously!

I think you are right about the food too. I have been quite hungry by the time dinner rolls around. I will add something to lunch time.

Thanks again!

Hi there - I just wanted to say I've been feeling the same way the past few days (mainly yesterday, like you, Day 17), so you're not alone! I was attributing mine to those fun monthly hormones that visit me every 28 days, along with a touch of stress and probably some SAD... but whatever the reason, we will both pull through! Hope you're feeling better today!

Have you ever been tested for seasonal allergies? It sounds like all the symptoms you have. A lot of plants are pollinating right now so it's another thing to consider. I hope you feel better soon!

I have, but it has been a while. It may be. I am feeling better now a week later than the original post. I still have some allergy type symptoms. I will give it a while longer, while my body continues to heal, to see how it goes.

Archived