Enough Fat??? Not feeling satisfied.

roses97

I already ate Paleo about 90 % of the time prior to starting the whole 30. I have celiac (undiagnosed for 14 years) and have spent the last 2 1/2 years healing my gut. I am doing the whole 30 just as a reset for my body now that I feel so good but also to see if food is what is causing my lingering mild headaches and also an emptiness I feel in my chest, an empty feeling in my esophagus (not heartburn). I only weight 100 lbs at 5'3" so did not want to lose weight at all while on this so I have stepped on the scale because by day 3 I knew I had lost too much weight already and was down 4 lbs in 3 days and I also wasn't feeling well. I realized my fat intake was not high enough so I increased it and felt better almost immediately. I am still thinking it is not high enough but need some input. I eat until I am full and have a snack when I am hungry. But I feel like my meals are not sustaining me and I also do not feel satisfied....I'm full as in if you would put another plate of food in front of me I could not eat it. I had started doing a 30 days shred workout that was only 20 minutes a day 7 days a week but quickly stopped as I could feel a drastic change in how I was feeling and not for the better.

This was pretty much my meals this week with no workout at all.

Breakfast: Egg, Zuchinni, Carrot and US Wellness Meats Sugar Free Breakfast sausage bake(large piece). Black coffee with a heaping TBSP of coconut cream from the top of the can.

Snack: 3-4 dried organic apricots

Lunch: Large mixed green salad with protein, black olives, tomatos and dressing made from olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spices.

Snack: Banana with Organic Sunflower Seed Butter

Dinner: Protein (as much as I want) and a mix of roasted cauliflower, sauted kale and garlic, roasted green beans all roasted or sauted with coconut oil or Ghee, or cabbaged mixed with Paleo Mayo.

Snack: 1/2 grapefruit. Last night I skipped the grapfruit and had some sweet potato with coconut milk and cinnamon.

I have not stepped on the scale since because my only concern was losing too much weight which I cannot afford to do. The change in my body form is crazy and I am actually shocked.

Hi roses!

I have not stepped on the scale since because my only concern was losing too much weight which I cannot afford to do. The change in my body form is crazy and I am actually shocked.

I'm guessing you're not shocked in a good way :) If you're concerned about losing too much weight, I'd suggest adding in some more starchy carbs during your day. Get in a sweet potato, some pumpkin, turnips, rutabaga, beets, etc. You can also add in a bit more fat if your system can handle it (some folks have some digestive disturbances with too much fat), but my guess is an increase in volume via starchies will help significantly.

Thanks Robin-

I brought sweet potato with coconut milk for my snack which I ate about 1/2 an hour ago and I can already tell way better choice than the 3-4 dried apricots I was eating. I had already planned to make a rutabaga breakfast hash tomorrow morning and great idea on the beets, I have some frozen from our CSA this summer.

Thanks!

Hi Renee-

My breakfast bake is a 9x13 pan with 12 eggs, 2 zucchini and 4 carrots with a pound of breakfast sausage divided into 7 servings and I am definately full after eating that. Sorry I did see I just put "egg" in the description above. If I do eat just scrambled eggs in the morning it is 3 with half an avocado.

Archived