cake batter and frosting- HELP!

Okay, so I am on day 4.5. I have been doing great! I have stuck to it 100%, passed up goodies today at the supermarket, and passed up on the ranch dressing that was sitting out on the table at work along with fresh veggies (I did eat the veggies!). In my spare time (and I don't have much of it) I bake. I have a few cake orders that I am fullfilling in the next week. I start one tonight. I ALWAYS taste my cakes (to make sure they are moist), and always lick the spoon when im done mixing (because I could). I am actually scared to death to make this cake tonight! I told my 7 year old son that he would have to stand next to me to take the spoon away so he can lick all the batter off!

This is going to prove to be my first real challange :/

I DID IT!!!!!! I made four cakes yesterday, and while it smelled SO good, I had the hot water running so all my utensils could go right in the sink. I was SO proud of myself for sticking to my whole30. Now tonight is the frosting part of it all LOL

Good job lilangel! I too am a baker, and the first time I needed to bake something during my first Whole30 was Tough :angry: It certainly didn't help I was just coming out of the kill-all-things stage! I indulged in quite a pity-party rant. I just made a deal with myself: no new recipes while on a Whole30- you can't seriously experiment without tasting. :wub: And really, I know with my tried-and-true items by the look, touch and smell if they're up-to-snuff.

Sarah, that's my problem tonight. I have to decorate the cake tonight as it has to be ready by tomorrow morning, and I usually taste my homemade frosting to make sure it is perfect. I am nervous on how to make perfect frosting without tasting it. I don't know what to do!!

Archived