MessyJessy's W30 adventure

missmess

Hello Whole30 friends. I started this challenge to simply feel better. Losing weight, clearer skin & better WOD times/lifts of course will be a perk - but to feel better and have so much more energy - is what I want to gain.

I love crossfit, try to go 4-5x a week. keeps me active and there is nothing better than lifting heavy shit with friends. I have a hard time eating pre work out , but its something I want to work on.

I am on my 4th day, but decided I wanted to write everything I eat for the next 30 days to help me keep on track.

Day1:

5:30am wake up

6:00 crossfit

7:15 shredded chicken

8:30 3 eggs, broccoli & tomatoes, with avacado on the side

12:30: shredded chicken with homemade salsa and guac on a bed of lettuce

3:00 1 apple

6:30 coconut crusted (non sweetened flakes) on tilipia with cauliflower rice & mango slaw (with homemade 'paleo' mayo)

Day 2:

8:30 2 eggs, broccoli & tomatoes, with avacado on the side, with a small amount of blackberries & blueberries on the side

12:30: shredded chicken with homemade salsa and guac lettuce wraps and a sweet potato

3:30ish: Ella's peaches & bananas packet (I was running late for lunch and didn't have time to grab anything substantial)

6:30 pot roast with steamed asparagus and left over mango slaw

Day 3:

8:30 2 eggs, broccoli & tomatoes, with avacado on the side, with a homemade (paleo, whole30) sausage pattie.

12:30: homemade paleo (no breadcrumbs) small meatballs - about 6-7- with homemade spaghetti sauce and a side of broccoli

3:30ish: handful of unsalted almonds with coconut flakes

6:30 - it was my brother's bday so my mom made a ton of pasta and honey ham. So I had steamed broccoli, a large salad filled with veggies and olive oil.

7:00 instead of birthday cake I brought an apple with nut butter on the side

Day 4:

7:45 wake up (massive headache all night- had to sleep in)

8:30: 2 eggs, broccoli & tomatoes, with avacado on the side, with a homemade (paleo, whole30) sausage pattie

12:30: homemade paleo (no breadcrumbs) small meatballs - about 6-7- with homemade spaghetti sauce and a side of broccoli

3:30ish: Ella's peaches & bananas packet (I had an afternoon doctors appointment - needed something to go)

6:30 - we are having homemade (no crumbs, paleo/whole30) meatloaf with a side of asparagus

So far so good, hopefully I am eating enough fat - trying not to snack as much!! Drinking a ton of water all day every day.

I feel great, yesterday was a pain in the butt, felt like I was getting the flu - and a massive headache. But today is a different story. Here's to tomorrow! :D

Stay calm & whole 30 on

Hi Jessy! Welcome!

YOU AREN'T EATING ENOUGH CAROHYDRATES!!! :)

Can you add a sweet potato with your shredded chicken after CF?

Additionally, just bumping your starchy intake overall would be good. Your breakfast looks a little light on the eggs, but I'm not super concerned about that. Your carb intake should be higher though

Hi Jessy! Welcome!

YOU AREN'T EATING ENOUGH CAROHYDRATES!!! :)

Can you add a sweet potato with your shredded chicken after CF?

Additionally, just bumping your starchy intake overall would be good. Your breakfast looks a little light on the eggs, but I'm not super concerned about that. Your carb intake should be higher though

Thanks for the welcome!! The forum is the best thing, I have learned so much and truly enjoy reading everything on this page. Thank you and all the other mods for a wonderful forum!

I was under the impression that a sweet potato a day would not be good for weight loss. Is that true? If not I definitely will add to it. Unless there might be other options.

What would be another option for breakfast? I will keep searching on the forums for something delish.. but I am looking for more carbs right?

thanks for the input. I really wanted to know how I was doing and if I needed to add/delete anything. :)

Your activity level of CF 4-5x/wk demands sweet potatoes and starchy veggies to fuel it. Adding them to your pwo chicken is the best place for them, but you could use more veggies overall.

Just look over the meal-templating guidelines again and make sure you're in line with the quantities. They're under ISWF's resources I believe, but I can link you later if you can't find them.

(I'm on my phone right now)

Day 5:

7:15 shredded chicken and a sweet potato

8:30 3 eggs, broccoli, onion, ground pork & tomatoes, with a couple strawberries on the side

11:00 half a banana

12:45: chicken salad with homemade mayo and apples. Used cut up cucs and carrots to dip

3:00 half of the banana

7:00 grass fed burger topped with avocado and tomatoes, with grilled asparagus and sweet potatos fritters. 4-5 blackberries

I feel good today! Have a big craving for sushi.. but found a whole 30 recipe I hope to make next week with my coconut aminos! nom nom :D

Day 6:

7:45 wakeup

8:45 banana and egg fritters, and half of grass fed burger leftover from last night with avocado

11:00 half a lara bar and a few blackberries

1:00 left over homemade chx salad with carrots & cucumbers, half of grassfed burger with tomato & avocado and 1 sweet potato/egg fritter

3:45 handful of pistachios

6:45 pork ribs, steamed broccoli and a side of mangoes

Today was a rough one! I think weekends will be the hardest during whole30. I get in such a routine during the week that staying on track is less of a challenge. On the weekends, I have to think and work harder on not giving in to potential cravings.

But so far so good. I am trying to keep away from sweet pots on the days I don't crossfit, even though I thinked I burned a ton of cals cleaning our place top to bottom!! hahah

Happy Saturday everyone. :P

Thanks Queens of cups. I totally agree, work days are soo busy that sometimes I forget to eat!

Today was tough - I didn't get as much good food as I should have but we had a chili cook off with 10 different chilis. Thankfully I made the Choc chili from Well Fed cook book so I had something to eat.

Day 7:

8:30 banana and 2 eggs fritters with blueberries

11:45 handful of pistachios

2:00 bowl of chili (whole30) & a coconut water

4:00 homemade guac with veggies and a couple deviled eggs made with homemade mayo

6:00 another bowl of chili (made sooo much...) and baked plaintains.

I know I didn't do that great today with variety with food, but I think today is a success because parties are my hardest. Especially with a ton of apps and a ton of delish chili!! But I kept to my water & my coconut water and veggies.

However it took A LOT to not lick the knife after cutting the red velvet cake..... haha!!

It was wonderful talking to friends and telling them about whole30. Their responses were priceless. So many were like "oh I can't do that, I can never not have XYZ"

And I smiled deep down inside, because at onetime, I was that person - but when you make the decision to change your life for the better, when you really want something.. there are so many things you can 'give up' for those 30 days.

I did have my first 'food dream' last night - about chocolate cake. Which I don't even really like! Never thought I would 'crave' that... Thought it would be cheese :D

Day 8

7:15 shredded chicken and 1/2 a sweet potato

8:30 3 eggs, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers & guac

12:45: bowl of whole 30 chili with raw veggies dipped in guac

3:00 1 baked plantain cut in slices

7:00 coconut shrimp (http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/4183-ah-mazing-coconut-shrimp/) really delish! with mixed veggies, 1/2 sweet potato, two slices of avocado and blackberries

today is my MUST KILL EVERYONE DAY haha I am very cranky!

Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep and tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be a test day. Going out to my favorite restaurant for lunch with the company. I studied the menu all day to make sure I have three different choices

Ahi tuna is on whole30 right?? I am bringing my own coconut aminos :D

Day 9

7:15 shredded chicken and 1/2 a sweet potato

8:30 3 eggs, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers & avocado

12:45: paleo sushi! with leftover shrimp, avocado & lettuce. Side of mixed veggies

3:00 handful of unsalted almonds and ella's packet with spinach, mango & pear

6:30 coconut lime chicken with steamed broccoli, half a sweet potato and cauliflower rice

7:00 baked plaintains - I only had about 3-4 pieces as the banana was not ripe enough and it was gross/tasteless

I was pretty grumpy this evening. Irritable! I hope that changes soon. I hate being grumpy with Pat :(

Also, the weirdest thing happened after dinner.. like moments after I finsihed I started to get super congested and my throat was really scratchy.. started to get a rash on my neck.. clearly an allergic reaction - but I have no idea what from. I didn't eat anything tonight that I normally don't eat... or haven't eaten before.

Could my tastebuds/tolerance be changing that I might becoming allergic to something? It kind of worried me. I do feel better now as I think it passed through me. We were at my fiance's parents, so we left to come home to take my allergy medicine - but I don't think I need it right now. Still a bit wheezy but I can breathe normally out of my nose.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Day 10 - 1/3 of the way there!

7:15 1 banana

8:30 2 eggs (scrambled) with a couple slices of avocado and a few bite size pieces of the chicken from last night. small side of blackberries

12:45: 2 small tuna fish(with homemade mayo) lettuce wraps, leftover tuna fish with pepper slices and steamed broccoli.

3:30 1 apple

I am getting a massage tonight, really looking forward to it. My muscles are a bit tired and sore from working out lately.

There is a whole chicken in the slow cooker waiting for me when I get home. i woke up today with some symptoms from that allergy mix up last night - still a bit wheezy and slightly stuffed up nose. Hopefully I am not getting sick,

I must say I am pretty proud of making it to day 10. I haven't really craved much - other than sushi. I do feel great! Sometimes I am a bit crabby. I hope that goes away soon. I have found that its getting a bit easier to make decisions and I don't rush through my food to watch TV or do other things. I enjoy taking the time to make something yummy and then sit and then eat it!

20 to go, LET'S DO THIS! :D

If anyone reads this, I would love to see if I am eating enough of everything! I guess I have a hard time mixing it up sometimes. I love broccoli!

Day 11

7:45 wakeup

8:30 2 eggs (scrambled) with spinach, tomatoes and peppers. Few pieces of chicken, avocado and a side of blackberries

12:45: can of tuna fish with homemade mayo. Used pepper slices to eat it. Side of mixed veggies

3:30 1 small cup of unsweetened applesauce

4:15: baby food (peas, broccoli & pears)

6:15 grilled chicken, steamed broccoli (a ton!) and 1 grilled plantain

7:30 WOD!! my first OLY class. looking forward to it

I feel GREAT today! Happy 6months to me from when we started crossfit. Crossfit & paleo (leading me to whole30) has truly changed my life for the better.

:D

Oh HAPPY DAY!! Happy Friday everyone !

Day 12

7:45 wake up - fighting a cold, took today off from crossfit.

8:30 3 eggs (scrambled) with spinach, tomatoes and green onions. Few pieces of chicken and a side of sliced bananas

12:45: chicken, steamed brussel sprouts and baked plantains

3:30 1 small cup of unsweetened applesauce

6:30 chicken stir fry! with lots of veggies on the side

feeling good today, wearing a pair of pant's I haven't been able to wear in almost 5 years! :D

Day 13

still fighting some congestion - but feel a bit better today.

8:30 2 eggs & 1 banana fritters with sausage on the side

12:00 1 apple

2:00 sushi bowl - lettuce, shrimp, tuna, avocado, scallions with coconut aminos

7:00 well fed sheppard's pie with a side of asparagus. DELISH. the comfort food hit the spot tonight

Day 14

8:30 2 eggs & 1 banana fritters with sausage on the side

12:45 left over sheppard's pie with a side of spinach

4:00 handful of blackberries and blueberries

7:00 pork ribs! spinach on the side with apple/pumpkin puree (from Tom's blog)

TWO WEEKS!! ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS!!! I feel great. Its getting easier as the days go by. I sleep so much better and I have so much energy. I wish I started this MONTHS ago! :D

happy DAY 15!!! oooooooo we're half way there. oooooo living on a prayyerrr <3 (jersey girl)

I have the worst throatache right now. i had two cups of tea with lemon- I hope I am not getting sick again.

Day 15

8:30 2 eggs with spinach, tomatoes, broccoli & mushrooms. Side of pork sausage & a few slices of avocado

12:30 went to Charlie brown's. Had their salad bar with extra veggies and oil/vinegar dressing. Got a burger on the side with tomato & red onion, side of guac and steamed broccoli

4:00 cup of unsweetened applesauce

5:15 banana smoothie - helps my throat feel better- feels so good!I wish I had 10 of these... :(

7:00 shrimp cakes! (like crab cakes), spinach and apple/pumpkin mash

Day 16

5:30 wake up

6:00 crossfit - hit a PR today!

7:15 PWO - sweet potato chews (found on whole9 website) they were soooo good

8:30 2 eggs & banana fritters with blueberries and a side of pork sausage

12:30 leftover sheppard's pie with a side of steamed broccoli

4:00 1 apple with little bit of sugar free nut butter

7:00 grilled chicken and steamed broccoli

feeling pretty crappy today, starting to lose my voice! hopefully tomorrow is better <_<

very very stuffy today, but feeling a teeny bit better.

Day 17

8:30 3 eggs with tomatoes, broccoli and mushrooms. Slices of avocado and a side of pork sausage

12:30 big bowl of homemade chicken soup. couple slices of red pepper and guac

4:00 1 apple

6:00 Meatza! (from Well Fed) and a side of broccoli and sweet pots.

6:45 1 lara bar

I was really hungry today. I am not sure! I drank a lot of water, as I always do. hmmm

Day 18

8:30 3 eggs with tomatoes, broccoli and mushrooms. Slices of avocado and a banana smoothie with blackberries and coconut milk

12:30 big bowl of homemade chicken soup. and a handful of pistachios

4:00 another banana smoothie with coconut milk

7:00 meatloaf with steamed broccoli and mango

I realize this was a very fruit heavy day, and smoothies are not the best thing on whole30, but the coolness of the smoothie felt good on my throat.. Tomorrow I will have less fruit

other than feeling like my head is stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey, I feel pretty great. I am used to going to the gym 5x a week.. I haven't gone since Weds. Whole30 really helps me not feeling so bad for missing two days. I probably will not go tomorrow and see how I feel on Saturday. Oh I hate the winter & colds <_<

Day 19

finally feeling better! slept over 12 hours last night. Must have needed it:)

8:30 3 eggs with tomatoes, broccoli and mushrooms. Slices of avocado and a side of blackberries/blueberries

12:30 leftover meatza, few slices of sweet potato and guac with carrots

4:00 1 apple with nut butter

7:00 sashmi (tuna and salmon) with avocado roll (no rice) with coconut aminos

Day 20

8:00 two eggs & banana/blueberries fritters and a hot tea with lemon

12:30 grass fed burger with avocado slices, tomatoes and a side of spinach

4:00 handful of pistachios

7:00 tuna steak with a side of veggies and a small salad

8:00 banana

Archived