Hooray! Started a veggie co-op!

Jessica M.

My daughter's girl scout leader was showing us moms (ironically, at the cookie selling kick-off party for the girls) the pile of veggies she got from her vegetable co-op for just $10. Hers is a half-order and it looked like a lot of good stuff. I was like,"Please send me the contact information!" because the other co-ops I had been looking into had a membership fee, require you to buy by the month or quarter, etc. This sounds good to me! I ordered a half-veggie order ($10) and a fruit box ($10), and asked for a couple of add ons (avocado, berries). Can't wait to see what I get at pick up tomorrow! I can pay $6-8 just for apples at the grocery store and I am sure the stuff is not as fresh! Whoo hoo! My reward for a night with shrieking 7 and 8 year olds! LOL. :)

post-11989-0-98191400-1358794651_thumb.j

My beautiful veggie assortment that was only ten bucks!

Corn, sweet potatoes, bok choy, snow peas, butter lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, apples, bananas.

post-11989-0-04304500-1358794653_thumb.j

Best pineapple ever and more fruit, just ten bucks!

post-11989-0-79657100-1358794653_thumb.j

Two gorgeous avocados, bunch of kale, decent size bag of spinach, just $5! Just the spinach would be at least $3 at the grocery store and not be half as fresh or nice.

very pleased. :-)

Archived