I need a grab-go Breakfast. Tired of egg muffins.

Julie Quates

Hey everyone,

Can anyone share some grab and go breakfast items besides egg muffins. My hubby doesn't really like the egg muffins and has been doing a shake in the morning. He's not W30 but he's getting healthier slowly but surely.

If i could come up with something thats really tasty for him and super easy to eat he'd be good to go.

We're open to eggs being an ingredient. We just get a bit bored with the cold egg muffins every morning.

Thanks!!!

I've done a breakfast scramble/filled scrambled eggs thing before. I started with ground sausage, browned it, used the leftover fat to cook an onion, pepper, whatever, then add the sausage back in and add beaten eggs. Pretty good, but my hubby won't even eat that. He's anti anything in his eggs. I'm about to start Whole30 on Monday, and if I make it, will be done before he gets home from his business trip (he left last April; on his leave we went to Australia/New Zealand in October, and I haven't seen him since).

I already told him that I wasn't going to force this way of eating on him, but hopefully he'll come around to it. Maybe if I can show him how delicious it is? He IS obsessed with sweet potatoes, so hopefully my having them in the house as a side will help, but I'm not sure how long it'll be before he caves and buys bread or something. He's training for a marathon, so on days he runs, he's all about eating the carbs.

Meatballs.... Here we call it chunks 'o meat. Any kind of ground meat, with any kind of spices and a bit of ground veges for flavor. Make them into meatballs and bake them and then you are all set. I will grab a couple of them with some raw veges and a few olives for breakfast or a mini meal

• 2 months later...

Over the past 15 days in my Whole30 house, we have experienced the "WTH-do-we-eat-for-breakfast-on-the-run" issue. Very busy schedules and hectic mornings make it difficult to cook a warm meal. My husband is also not a fan of the egg muffins everyday, so I had to switch it up on him. I've started pre-portioning everything in zipped plastic baggies that stay in a designated "breakfast bowl" inside the refrigerator:

- cubed steak, cooked to medium or medium rare (in case it does get cooked further in microwave)

- hard-boiled eggs, with 2 per snack baggie

- small portions of fruit (usually berries)

- chopped and cleaned raw veggies (usually baby spinach or broccoli or tomatoes) (*BONUS: these pre-portions can be added to lunches too)

I have also taken to making the frittata. Yes, sounds like the egg muffin and is much the same. But comes out in pie pieces instead. Maybe the different look will help?

-

What about putting something in the slow cooker at night so it's ready to eat- all meat, fat, veggies in one bowl. Soup, stew, chili, braised anything. While you can't just eat it right out of your hand out the door, it takes less than 10 minutes to sit down to eat, which could set you up for a better day.

I usually have smoked salmon over greens, small serving of roasted sweet potatoes and raspberries or strawberries. I pack my nreakfast and lunch the night before and just grab the, before I leave in the morning. Sometimes I'll also have some avocado or chopped bell peppers.

A couple of times I've made some mini 1-egg omelettes: just egg and chives. You can cook a batch at once and they keep in the fridge for at least a couple of days. I just wrapped them in to a roll and they can be scoffed pretty quickly. They could even have some kind of meat filling put inside.

Archived