Sudden strength gain?

penotti

Hi, I was wondering if there are others who have experienced the same thing (because it could be in my head)

Currently i'm on day 12, but 2 days ago at crossfit I added 17 lbs to my deadlift, while I struggled with that already for a while, yesterday I blasted through a wod and today i did a wod rxd, which was quite a tough one, but i felt incredibly strong!

Basically, for the last 3 days I feel a lot stronger at crossfit.

Have been paleo for over a year, and this is my first whole30.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks!

YES! My WOD last night seemed strangely easy to me and the other day I finished a WOD that included a lot of running (which is usually very hard for me and I have to walk a bit) and I ran the whole thing! I'm still working on my pull-ups so I've been using a band. After the WOD yesterday I decided it felt pretty easy so I was going to try a lighter band and even that was easy. I don't 100% have my pull-ups yet but I am SO close and it's only been a month that I've been doing Cross-fit.

• 3 weeks later...

17 lbs in the scheme of deadlift is nothing. You could probably add another 20 lb tomorrow just by tweaking form. And if you continue training, eating right, and working form, you're going to see jumps larger than 17 lbs. Your legs are incredibly strong machines.

My max dl oscillates about 50 lbs depending on how I'm feeling. An oscillation on any leg lift (+/- 10 percent of your baseline max) doesn't surprise me.

I tend to find upper body lifts are much more stagnant (and harder to break past plateau). But the same principles apply.

Archived