muscle twitches

Hello, I started the whole30 on January 5th, and a couple days later I started experiencing tiny muscle twitches in my right quad muscle, and now they occur nearly every day for at least few minutes a day. You know the kind I mean, just minute twitches in the muscle that are a little annoying. Always in the same place in my leg. I was not prone to muscle twitching before the whole 30 at all. What could I be missing? Before the whole30 I was 90% gluten/dairy free already, so the main withdrawals from my diet are sugar, legumes, and grains. I do drink black coffee in the morning, and otherwise drink water or herbal tea the rest of the day. My meals are pretty well balanced between protein/fat/veggies and I do have a piece of fruit and I take a magnesium/calcium fizzy drink every day. What could I be missing from my diet to cause this twitching?

Thanks,

Sue

I'm not sure if this is why-but I notice this on particular places on my body as well when I am really low carb for a few weeks at a time. I'm not sure where you are with that but I notice it at 50g or less. If I am eating sweet potatoes and a serving of fruit my carbs stay higher and I don't experience it. It is very strange.

Archived