Chicken thighs vs. chicken breasts

Nicole M

Oh that's nice. Our Farmer's Markets are all seasonal too. There is a year round one that moves inside. I should check it out. I assumed they just sold things like jams and cheese, but they may have meat and eggs too.

The market in Hillsdale, on Sundays, has several meat vendors who sell by the pound. Kookoolan Farms also sells, there, but usually only have chickens and sometimes other fowl for general sale. They offer beef and pork, but you have to buy into a whole animal to get that. I bought part of a pig, last Fall, and it was the best pork I've ever had. Many of the same people sell at the farmers market by PSU on Saturday mornings, but I've never gone to that one to know if the folks selling meat are there.

The market in Hillsdale, on Sundays, has several meat vendors who sell by the pound. Kookoolan Farms also sells, there, but usually only have chickens and sometimes other fowl for general sale. They offer beef and pork, but you have to buy into a whole animal to get that. I bought part of a pig, last Fall, and it was the best pork I've ever had. Many of the same people sell at the farmers market by PSU on Saturday mornings, but I've never gone to that one to know if the folks selling meat are there.

I love kookoolan farms. Best chicken in the world. It was the Hillsdale farmers market I was thinking of. I don't think Kookoolan is there now though because the pastured chickens are out of season. I would love to buy part of one of their hogs and steer. Talk about happy animals. :)

Sorry Susan, it was meant more about poultry from China. Being close to China we get a lot of food from there and they have a strong natural farming culture (although they have factory farms too) and care for their animals.

I see a lot of posts fearful about food from China but a lot of it is very good quality.

Archived