Day 16, did I fail?

laurajea

Everything has been going according to plan and I have been feeling fantastic. I went to a family function last week, explained to everyone the challenge I was doing, and ate sausage and salad. Before that I was feeling FULL of energy, feeling wonderful and going according to the "expected guidelines". Now I'm lacking in energy, skin problems arising (was clear previously) and not having those craving dreams. I am hedging to guess there was gluten in the sausage which has caused the setback. The last 3 evenings getting home from work I have been craving FATS- avocados, nuts, coconut butter. And I have allowed myself to eat more than I should.

Should I restart? I was REALLY loving my results thus far with the whole 30. I have done it before but this time was different, I was being more honest about eating more veggies, less fruit, less nuts etc.

Or do I stick with this and chalk this up to a rough patch???

I am now on day 19 and I also had a set back like that on days 16, 17, 18. I was thinking my food was not right because I had been so full of energy before that. Now hearing that you are feeling that way makes me think maybe it's just part of it?

On another thread, Tom told someone who was accidentally served Sprite instead of club soda that the 'slip' was unintentional and she should just carry on. If there was something in the sausage you weren't aware of, I would think the same would hold true. You opted for what you thought were the proper choices. Don't sweat it.

Of course, it could be part of the detox process. That last bit of unhealthiness your body hasn't wanted to give up. Either way, it in't the end of the world. Power through and carry on. I would just consider it a rough patch and keep going.

First W30 here for me as well, and I sort of went back to Kill all the Things mode (I'm on day 20), along with bizarre dreams these past few days. I think it must be some part of the process. Push through! :)

Funny you should say that. It's almost exactly what I posted on the Whole 100 log this morning: It's Day 20, so why am I on Day 5? Woke up tired and cranky and wanting to kill all things.

Must be part of the process. Either that or we are all sharing some weird kind of group hallucination.

This is so interesting! I had that day on Thursday. Grouchy, tired, had a crappy time at a dance that I wanted to enjoy. Sluggish. Weird appetite spikes. I was starving at the end of the night. I was not my best on Friday either - moody and tired again. Yesterday and today I'm back to better energy though. Huzzah! Looks like this really is just part of the process. Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

Archived