Day 4: Belching, Bloating, detesting meat but feeling like tiger power!

HI there! 

I just began my second whole30 this week after having done it nearly 8 years ago and having seen tremendous benefits. BUt this time around, I am in India and I'm pretty much a vegetarian except for meat once or twice a week. I'm on the meat based whole30 and I have been feeling bloated, with lots of belching and gas for the past 2 days. Also, I am not liking having so much meat in my food and am craving some lentils and legumes (which was my staple). Yet I am feeling tiger energy (which should come between D 16-25) and could exercise better, think better and work better since yesterday. Is there a way I can do a hybrid whole30 including the lentils and legumes and reducing my meat intake (while still following other rules?). please advice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi @Sarmishta the two programs are not compatible with each other, as the protein from Plant-Based Whole30 meals comes mostly from legumes, which are not included in the Original Whole30 program. However, some of the recipes WILL be compatible between both programs, like veggie side dishes, so those will be a good source of inspo for everyone. And, there are some plant-based protein sources that are compatible with the Original Whole30 program, like the @abbotsbutcher products. Those are a great option if you’re doing an Original Whole30 and want to do a meatless meal or day.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:40 PM, ladyshanny said:

Hi @Sarmishta the two programs are not compatible with each other, as the protein from Plant-Based Whole30 meals comes mostly from legumes, which are not included in the Original Whole30 program. However, some of the recipes WILL be compatible between both programs, like veggie side dishes, so those will be a good source of inspo for everyone. And, there are some plant-based protein sources that are compatible with the Original Whole30 program, like the @abbotsbutcher products. Those are a great option if you’re doing an Original Whole30 and want to do a meatless meal or day.

Thank you so much. I dont live in the US (I live in INdia). Could you link me to the @abbotsbutcher products to see if I can get them here in India? 

Thanks!