Whole 30 and Low Blood Pressure

I keep experiencing low blood pressure. Is there any way to raise it naturally? I am on an ACE inhibitor mainly for kidney protection due to my diabetes, but I will either have to cut it in half or stop altogether. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor, but I was wondering if anyone knows what I can do now to raise it naturally for now. I am at 81/46 and still dropping right now. Main problems are dizziness, extreme nausea and blurred vision. If I go too low, of course I'll head to the ER. I'm just hoping to wait it out and assist in getting it a little higher if possible. Thanks for any input.

Doctor said while that is very low, no need to be alarmed or go to the ER until I am passing out :). Advised to stay hydrated and to eat something salty so that I can retain the water so I had a handful of pistachios and it is already rising. Advised to stop the meds. That just gets me one step closer to my goal. The meds that I am on are very low dose and my doctor really didn't think it would be a factor, but this way of eating and the changes in my body already are just beyond belief.

• 3 weeks later...

I have always had low blood pressure, and I also have POTS. The first few days of Whole30, my heart seemed to get much worse. When my blood pressure plummets, my heart rate goes through the roof. Mine was 140-150 just sitting up. My doctor told me to increase my salt and electrolytes intake. I began drinking homemade bone broth with lots of salt and felt better in less than a day. Collard greens are another good source of electrolytes. :)

Archived