Day 18 - excessive sleeping

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why I am so exhausted and sleeping so much.

Almost since the start of my W30 I have needed a nap around lunchtime, luckily my daughter napsfor 2.5hrs so I've been able to get my head down for about 2hrs. I've been making a real effort to be in bed and lights out by 10:30 and save for the nightly wee, I have been sleeping like a baby.

I have also been uber cranky and cross and had very little patience with my children when they are being 'trying' with me. I'm a bit worried as to why this is. Can anyone give advice please?

Today:

4 egg omelette with left over veggies, carrots, cucumber & yellow pepper and about 6 chopped pistachio nuts

Ham, spinach, tomato & avocado butterfly chicken 'sandwich'

Coconut chicken curry with cauliflower

Yesterday

4 egg omelette with left over veggies, carrots, cucumber & yellow pepper and about 6 chopped pistachio nuts

Tuna salad - whole can tuna in oil, lettuce,tomato, avocado, olive, orange pepper in dressing (2tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar,1 tsp whlegrain mustard, fresh parsley)

4 bacon wrapped chicken thighs with roasted sweet potato, carrot, brocolli & leek

Not massive difference in diet, I have just cut out dairy & eliminated all sugar as opposed to the obvious variety (cakes, sweets)

I drink at least 2l of water a day, more if I exercise. I started trainingaround 3 times a week in Nov but started HIIT and resistance with W30, I try and go 5 times a week now but having 2 small children it's not always possible. The only change has been in the past week when I had a bad fall, badly injured my knee & so haven't been able to train. My 3yo is very trying at the moment, maybe she's taking all my energy....?

Maybe you are just needing extra sleep to heal. Plus it's not like being a parent has a number of energy points next to it on any given day.... It can be beautifully fulfilling one day and horribly draining the next.

Maybe you are just putting too much pressure on yourself and your body. Do something fun and relaxing and see how you feel?

you're doing too much and not eating enough. 5 days a week of high intensity training is a bunch! And I didn't see any pre or post workout meals in there. additionally, with that much exercise, you need to increase your starchy carb intake - more squash, pumpkin, sweet potato. my advice is to cut back on the high intensity exercise, increase starches and make sure you're following the pre and post workout guidelines for meals.

hope that helps!!

Archived