New here, starting Whole30 on 1/21

midlight21

Hello! Just introducing myself. My name is Clarissa and I want and need to be healthier. I'll be using Whole 30 as a sort of elimination diet. I cut out gluten 6 years ago but apparently I'm just allergic to everything on earth, lol. I'm doing allergy shots to hopefully help all those indoor/outdoor allergies. I have chronic sinus infections, asthma (diagnosed 1.5 years ago!), hypothyroidism, chronic anemia (iron kind), migraines, I'm obese (which certainly doesn't help things any), etc, etc... I'm currently on my zillionth round of antibiotics since September...yes...I think there's been a total of two weeks since September that I have not been on an antibiotic. I can start an exercise program but I'm always down and out in about 1.5 to 2 weeks due to whatever illness I have at the time. December it was upper respiratory infection, sinusitis and bronchitis. I have a 7 year old son that I'd love to be able to keep up with as well. I'm starting Wholde 30 on the 21st but first I have to go shopping with a meal plan!

Welcome! I've come to really love meal planning. It's something I enjoy, and it feels like this very meditative, deliberate part of the week. We just did our big grocery haul today, and we're cooking tonight and tomorrow.

Anyhow, enjoy the journey!

I'd be very grateful for supporters on this first Whole 30. So far, I've gotten a couple cans of coconut milk...not the one I wanted though, store was out of them, some avocados, oranges, orange juice (working on getting over a virus hubby gave me...grrrr), pomegranate juice, unsweetened almond milk, sweet potatoes....this was just a mini trip to the store last night mainly for the OJ.

For steaks, i do them simple - a steak seasoning and then on a george foreman grill. Chicken and veggies I need help with so I look for recipes that I might like for chicken and veggie side dishes.

I'm seriously hoping that my results are as good as yours ereiam and RunFastMama. I need to be healthy.

Apparently I spoke too soon. I woke up with a horrid headache and realized I forgot to take my allergy med and antibiotic last night. I was very hungry when I woke up also. So bright me took them both on an empty stomach. Bad idea. I got so nauseous but I still needed to get my son to his bus stop. Emergency avocado time. Lol. Still had to come back to the house after dropping him off and make a real breakfast.

Archived