Things that aren't in ISWF's reintro plan?

Lauryn

When do we add in things that weren't in the ISWF reintroduction plan such as white potatoes? Also, can we combine the reintroductions when one is over? For example put peanut butter on whole wheat toast when it comes time for legume reintroduction and grain reintroduction has already passed?

I would not suggest overlapping your reintro's, even though it may be tempting if something doesn't immediately "ping" for you. Often our reactions can be dose dependent, so if you consume a day or two of grains and have no problem, but then add legumes to the mix, you wont be able to tell whether it was the build up from the grains or a reaction to the legumes. Once your reintro is over, though, I'd start combining as an experiment. I often have more trouble with combos (dairy + sugar) than I do with singles :)

I often have more trouble with combos (dairy + sugar) than I do with singles :)

I wondered about that since ice cream is named as something to have when reintroducing dairy. When I saw that, I thought: how would I know if it was the dairy or the sugar?

Terez

I wondered about that since ice cream is named as something to have when reintroducing dairy. When I saw that, I thought: how would I know if it was the dairy or the sugar?

Terez

Somewhat curious about this as well...!

I just re-read the reintroduction part last night because I was curious about sugar. I think what it said was that sugar will likely give you more mood swings / energy crashes, but you're testing the food for less predictable results (acne, upset stomach, aches and pains)

Terez, potatoes are the worst for me and I also stay away from green peppers. Other nightshades dont' seem to be as much of a problem. Potato chips really kill my joints, especially if I eat them for several days in a row. It may just be that potatoes are served a lot so I was more likely to eat them over and over again. Eggplant is not served so often. I do notice that other colors of peppers don't bother me as much as green peppers.

This whole thread is for me because I feel like ISWF didn't have nearly enough info for me on reintro. Hence my stalking the forum for more on how you experienced whole 30ers handled it.

I'm on day 27 of my first Whole30 experience. I feel so unbelievably fantastic!! I ate paleo before with scheduled cheat meals, but Whole30 has been a life changing experience, for sure. I want to feel like this all the time! I should mention that during my whole30 (for good measure) I also cut out caffeine along with everything else. I've been extremely strict with my Whole30. Absolutely 100% compliant. I love having the structure and the rules of Whole30 to rely on! Which brings me to my thoughts on reintro….

PURE PANIC!

This may mainly be due to the fact that I have a trip to Vegas planned in 9 days. With only 3 days left in my Whole30 that leaves me only 6 days for reintro!!

​I'd like to reintroduce dairy, gluten grains, non gluten grains, legumes, caffeine, and sugar.

Obviously I don't have time for that. [/left]

Since I don't have my great whole30 rules for this situation I'm reaching out to y'all for help! What do I do? I'm especially concerned that I won't even enjoy my time in Vegas because I'll be so miserable from eating non-compliant foods and drinking alcohol…. and how on earth do I reintroduce alcohol!

POSSIBLE OPTIONS:

• Stay compliant until Vegas, then do what people do in Vegas. I.E. go wild. Then come home and go back to being compliant and reintro later? Would I have to complete another 30 days before I try to reintro?
  • Reintroduce one or two groups before Vegas. Enjoy Vegas. Come home and continue?
  • Try to stay compliant in Vegas (thats probably impossible but I had to throw it out there)
  • ??????????????????????????

Personally, I would choose a couple of things that you know you really would like to have and simply stick with those while eating well for the most part but not worrying about such things as what kind of oils they use to cook with. I am on my fourth or fifth W30 (although this one is a w100), but I know what dairy, gluten and alcohol do to me so I have no desire to over indulge no matter what the situation. As far as alcohol goes, you will be a light weight and most probably, your hangovers intensified. What exactly are you looking most forward to having on your trip? Gluten, dairy, legumes, sugar? Non gluten grains seem to be the least problematic for most people, so if it's rice, you're in good shape. :)

I'd add in dairy and sugar. Sugar lets you have mixed drinks :) if you do that sort of thing when you're in Vegas :) :) Dairy would make it easy to eat all veggies regardless of butter, lobster, crab, etc. dipped in butter, steak with a huge pat of compound butter on top and so much more. Yum.And with dairy you could probably let yourself have ice cream. Dairy and sugar would allow mixed alcohol, all meats and veggies without worrying about butter, and ice cream. Sounds like heaven to me :)

Archived