McDonald's

bonnynancy

I'm confused . . . so I SHOULDN'T be eating all my meals from the McDonald's dollar menu??

Huh. Guess I'll have to start over now . . . .

Kidding, of course! I especially love the commercials where they show all the fresh veggies and the chicken and make it seem as though all of their food comes right off the farm.

I'll believe that when sugar-free, pastured, happy pigs fly.

I haven't had a problem staying away from fast food since I heard the former head of the FDA describe what the food manufacturers do to the food. Basically, they perform nasty mechanical and chemical processes to it to make it PRECHEWED so we'll eat more.

Ugghhh - I'll do my own chewing, thank you :)

I especially love the commercials where they show all the fresh veggies and the chicken and make it seem as though all of their food comes right off the farm.

Here's the ingredients in McD's grilled chicken fillet (boldface items = bad guys):

Grilled Chicken Fillet:

Chicken breast fillet with rib meat, water, seasoning (rice starch, salt, sugar, yeast extract, canola oil, onion powder, maltodextrin, chicken skin, paprika, flavor, sunflower oil, chicken, garlic powder, chicken fat, spices), sodium phosphates.

Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid soybean oil and hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soy lecithin, mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).

Fortunately, the fruit and veggies are generally just fruit and veggies (although I'd assume astronomically far from "straight from the farm") -- lettuce, onions, tomatoes, blueberries (for Parfait) (wonder if they'd add this to your salad if you asked?), diced apples, walnuts, I suppose in a pinch, you could pick up a simple salad at McD's and dress it with the olive oil/vinegar and pouch of tuna you of course have stashed in the glove box for emergencies.

Salad Mix:

Iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, spring mix (may contain baby red romaine, baby green romaine, baby red leaf, baby green leaf, baby red swiss chard, baby red oak, baby green oak, parella, lolla rosa, tango, totsoi, arugula, mizuna, radicchio, frisee), carrots.

Unfortunately ... Strawberries: Strawberries, konjac flour (stabilizer).

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/ingredientslist.pdf

• 1 month later...

Archived