Day 19- Beware of Food Jumping into your hand

Acer75

It's Day 19. Feels like Day 20 is taking FOREVER to get here. Generally feeling good in the last 3-4 days but yesterday had a hard workout (hill intervals) and then completely forgot a post workout meal, for two reason; because I was somewhat nauseus when I finished the workout since I pushed so hard and I was running late for someplace I had to be. I was totally hungry about an hour later, so I popped into a local health food store with the intention of grabbing nuts or a Larabar. They had no larabars. So I grabbed a small bag of oprganic Brazil nuts and then the most AWFUL thing happened. This organic dark chocolate bar literaly jumped off the shelf and into my hand and then later into my mouth. It was either that or I had an out of body experience and was unable to control my arm. Yes, I ate a couple pieces of dark chocolate bar (88%). I later ate a few more nuts before dinner. I was really craving something but didn't know what last night. I had a grass fed burger, avocado, tomatoes, sweet potatoes with Ghee for dinner . I was plenty full after but still felt like I wanted something else. I didn't eat anything further because I figured myearlier chocolate nosh had done enough damage.

So, I slipped up but I am not sure how much? How bad is organic dark chocolate considered on Whole 30?

You slipped. As long as you got right back to eating clean don't bash yourself too much. Are you doing this to get control of your eating and the sugar dragon? Trying to change your relationship with food? Treat the slip like the lesson it's meant to be and learn from it. No more hard workouts without some protein to eat when you finish. As long as you learn from it, it's working.

I definitely slipped but I am not worried about it totally derailing me. I am doing this to feel better and deal with the sugar dragon. My diet wasn't totally out of control prior to this but I needed to reel myself in a bit if you know what I mean.Stress and traveling for work sent me into a bit of a tail spin. I am back on track and ready to seize day 20!

Archived