Doing Paleo in a Non-Paleo Household and Making It Work

LisaB

Finishing Day 7 on the Whole30 and starting to log now. My spouse is a cook and loves food. He doesn't want to do Paleo - he's healthy and feels good and doesn't want to which is fine. I, on the other hand, don't feel really well. I'm generally very healthy and very active. We live in the mountains and I exercise at least 5 times a week. Still, I struggle with energy levels, could stand to lose 20 lbs, and want to increase my fitness level.

I'm going to write about how we coordinate meals in a household with a non-Paleo eater. We definitely make it work of course with this full support.

But first, about now I feel. Day 7 and I feel excellent. At the end of day 5, I did want to kill all the things, but my husband made slow cooked pork and some oven baked sweet potato fries and along with a salad, it calmed me down. Day 6, I had one of the best workouts I've had in years: 2 1/2 hours of skate skiing. Ate a big lunch and wasn't hungry like I'd normally be. Today, I Xc skied for 2 hours then alpine skied for 1 1/2 hours and my meals satisfy me!

I definitely rely on the weekly cook up and ill share more about that later. Tonight, we're making Moroccan meatballs from Well Fed. Ill have it on spaghetti squash and he'll have it on pasta. Ill make the salad. Paleo friendly for me, and ill add goat cheese crumbles, and seeds on his. He's drinking wine right now and I'm having Calm tea by Tazo.

How do you coordinate in your household?

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Looking forward to hearing how you balance everything out.

I eat paleo but my husband and two children do not. We were all paleo for a short period of time but they complained and have returned to their SAD way of eating. I am on day 20 and going strong for the most part (except for a too many nuts incident).

Since I do all of our cooking the main course of our dinner is paleo along with some sort of veggie. They usually have some starchy thing...potatoes, pasta, bread..etc but not nightly.

Archived