Swollen, painful lymph nodes, etc...

TrayS

Ok I'm on Day 21, and for the past couple weeks I've had swelling/mild pain in my right armpit lymph nodes. This morning I woke up and my right side is ok, but now my left armpit HURTS. What is up with this? Can W30 cause this?

Also, this is my second month charting (we are passively TTC at this point so I am getting to know my cycles since I've always fallen somewhere on the spectrum of irregularity). Last month I didn't have too much variation in temps but this month I am like the rocky mountains, and I have had ovulation pain for over a week now (but still haven't ovulated according to my temps - now on CD 27). Is it possible that W30 could screw up my hormones this much? I've been Paleo since August so I would expect this not to be so traumatizing to my body.

Any thoughts are welcome, thanks!

Me and my boyfriend are on day 11 and both of our lymph nodes are super swollen. Ours in our throat and base of head. No other sign of actual illness along with it. I am guessing it has something to do with some sort of detox, but I don't know. It's pretty uncomfortable, I think I am going to take a bath and turn in early. I am also curious if anyone know what is up with this.

I hope someone else can offer some sort of help, but I'll offer my experience. My lymph nodes were swollen a few months ago for about two weeks and I was so worried..It wasn't during a whole30; I had been eating pretty clean paleo, except that I made a kid's birthday cake (lots of flour, sugar, etc), took a bite to taste it at the party..and then the lymph nodes were swollen the next day. And I mean swollen and painful. Then I thought, no, couldn't be the gluten because I never had a reaction before, so I started thinking maybe it was something in my shampoo. (There are a few diagrams/explanations online, who knows if they're accurate, of what certain lymph node swelling can indicate, like, the back of the head at the base can indicate some scalp issue.)

Anyway, I went to the doctor, they asked if I felt sick at all (nope), said I'd be fine..but I insisted on bloodwork just in case. (It all came back fine later.) I asked about gluten causing the reaction and the doctor said it's possible (but she didn't seem to know much about paleo). Since the bloodwork was fine, they said to just wait it out...and the swelling went away a few days later.

So, not sure if this anecdote helps at all, but I do know (and have been told by doctors before) that the lymph nodes can take weeks to go down in swelling. (So, if you've been sick recently, had some sort of infection, they could still be swollen from that?)

I've also read (and I have no idea if this is true or not) that lymph nodes can swell around the times of ovulation...(and, this has happened to me before several times before going paleo).

I've also read (and I have no idea if this is true or not) that lymph nodes can swell around the times of ovulation...(and, this has happened to me before several times before going paleo).

Really? That would make sense, I haven't ovulated this cycle (on something like Day 29 already) yet but I've been feeling all the ovulation symptoms the past 10 days or so. I guess it's just part of the craziness. Thanks for your input!

Archived