Exhausted in the morning!

I am on day 15 and going pretty strong! Besides a few hidden ingredients :angry: , i have followed whole30 strictly. I feel great and I have lost weight, except that for the past few days I have had the hardest time getting up in the morning. I have never been a morning person, but it seems worse. I have to drag myself out of bed and I am drinking coffee almost every morning. I am getting between 7-9 hours of sleep most nights. But as classes kick in, I will probably be getting less. Should I still be in the "tired" stage?

Himalayn Pink rock salt.

Mix small teaspoon in a room temparture glass of filtered water the night before and leave beside your bed along with a glass of straight filtered water..

Next monring before you even sit up lean over and drink it (wash down with the straight water or dilute as you go)

Stay laying in bed and wait about 30 seconds.

A slow wave of warmth will come across you as the blood pushes all through your body.

Energy levels slowly start to rise and pretty soon you will have the energy to rise comfortably....then off to make coffee :)

Essentially like starting the engine of a car, letting it idle for a while, let the fluids circulate and then taking it for a spin.

Works a treat for me.

Good luck..

There's a big difference between 7 hours of sleep and 9 hours. Additionally, sleep QUALITY is as important as _quantity_. If you aren't waking up refreshed, then it suggests that your sleep isn't of the best quality. Are you in a completely dark room? Are you falling asleep easily?

Supplemental melatonin and/or magnesium are options, but this also smells a little bit like a stress/cortisol issue...so it could be that this is a lifestyle issue, not a nutrition one.

Archived