Portion Size questions--veggies, esp.

Hi all,

I'm on Day 15 of my 30 and things have been going swimmingly. The only thing I have possible concerns about are my portions especially the vegetable portions for my meals. I've purchased a kitchen scale and am wondering what I should be aiming for in terms of the amount of veggies on my plate. I've got the palm for the meat/seafood, the thumb for the ghee/oil, the handful of nuts and eggs. I tend to throw a bunch of veggies in my cuisinart and then heat them up in a skillet with coconut oil. I wind up with a lot of veggies on my plate and am wondering if you actually can get too much of a good thing. Should I keep better tabs on my veggie intake? Also any ideas for weights for my new scale. Sometimes I even question my protein amounts--like if I have a palm sized piece of chicken but it's a really thick piece. Ideas for weight on the proteins would be helpful, too. Sadly, I'm kind of a rule follower if they are really specific but I can be super loosey goosey if the rules are a little loosey goosey, too. If I know a solid range to fall in between, I'm sticking to that range.

Any help greatly appreciated--thanks!

Melissa

Hi Melissa!

There are no weights we ask you to aim for. The MealSimple template (which it sounds like you've read) is as specific as we want you to get. This is about YOU learning what your body prefers - some folks feel better with one palm size of protein, others need two - and then giving it enough of that to be healthy and satisfied. As long as you're getting in your protein, we really don't think you can over-do it on veggies (as long as they're cooked. Some folks don't do well with tons of raw veg). Make sure you've got enough fat in there and then enjoy your food!

Archived