Day 26...and getting sick?

ladunn

I went to bed last night with a bit of a scratch in my throat- the kind that feels like it should just go away with a few sips of water or a good cough. I woke up with the same scratchy feeling and as the day progresses, my chest feel tights and my ears hurt. I'm 26 days in and very pleased that I haven't gotten sick yet considering the awful flu season this year. But at the same time...I'm 26 days in...why now!?!?!

My energy is only down a little since yesterday. I'm sipping some bone broth now, had throat soothing tea early, and I'm planning to get extra vitamin C in today. Any other tips? I'm hoping it's nothing major. I'm not one to get really sick, never had the flu (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself). I can't remember being sick since late last Spring, which is also when I was diagnosed with asthma and every environmental allergy under the sun. I was prescribed albuterol prior to acitivity, advair twice a day, nasonex and an OTC allergy med (zyrtec). I stopped taking the allergy pill a few days ago because I noticed there is some crap in it....perhaps this is why I feel crappy?

Who knows....either way, I'm hoping to plug along without my go-to milk shake when I'm sick.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain. It is day 26 and I have been suffering from a terrible cold all week. I was hoping that since I was on a whole30 I could avoid getting sick this flu season. But no luck. I have been having terrible cravings like wanting comfort food just because I am sick. Fortunately my boyfriend is doing the whole30 with me and helps keep me on track-so no cheating has occurred. Feel better and keep on trucking.

Archived