juvenile rheumatoid arthritis

I didn't know whether to post this in medical conditions or W30 with kids, so I'll start here. My youngest daughter is 10 years old. She was diagnosed with jra when she was 6 years old. She's tried a wide variety of medicine and nothing seems to help. She is in pain most days. She has missed a lot of school because she hurts so bad when it's cold. I was re-reading ISWF last night and I was like, duh, if this is working for so many others with inflammation issues, why not her? (I eat paleo to deal with weight/carb cravings not really inflammation although I'm sure it helps there too.) I'm not sure how to proceed with that radical of a change for her. She eats primarily ramen unfortunately. I'll post that questions in the "kids" forum, but wondering if anyone else knows of success with jra or ra in general.

I am not an expert in this topic so I will just relay what has helped people I know diagnosed with RA in their 30's. A few of them would not go gluten free but did cut out all fake sugars and had remission of symptoms. Others say no fake sugars and gluten free are a must. Actually, my older friend, 60's, just said her doctor has said she must go gluten free and sugar free (fake and regular) to combat her RA.

Good luck!

Archived