How many Carbs?

cady8888

Hey!

I am on day 21 of Whole30

This entire time I haven't been able to decide how many carbs to eat. I run 2-3 times a week and do crossfit workouts at the gym 3 times a week. When I run it is anywhere from 3-6 miles and my workouts last 45-60 minutes.

I usually have carbs with every meal. I don't eat fruit except for some.

The carbs add up to about 150 a day. I thought about lowering it, but everytime I do i get reeeallly tired.

I also eat about 2000+ calories a day (I am not wanting to lose weight)

• Moderators

We tell you not to count calories during a Whole30 for a reason. You are supposed to be listening to your body during a Whole30. You should eat as many carbs as you need to feel and perform well. No more, no less. There is no number of carb calories you are supposed to eat. You are hurting yourself by keeping track of calories and pissing away the opportunity to learn something important from this experience.

I am a little sorry that I am being cranky here, but I am shocked at how the guidelines clearly say not to count calories and then you and others count calories and ask questions about how many calories of one sort or another that you should eat. This is not Weight Watchers!

I wasn't actually counting calories and carbs. I have for about a year (before i started) and i just know off the top of my head what it is because i havent really changed it that much (paleo for 2 years)

But thank you. No more worrying! That was actually helpful (and you weren't being cranky ;) ) and i will stop trying to figure it out now. You are right, no weight watchers! :P

Huh, I didn't see any prohibition of tracking macronutrients in the book as it describes the whole 30 program. The phrase "count calories" only appears once in the book. Saying you "won't need to". I didn't understand that was intended as a prohibition, but instead just sales pitch on how it's easy to follow the program.

Oh well, I've been tracking my macronutrients. I don't think it's negatively effected my experience. And I don't think I've gone anywhere near Tom's lawn. ;)

Archived