Jan21 start... 1, 2, 3, 4 that's the one!

iogato

TODAY was Day ONE for me, uber-newbie!!! Well, I tried 3x last week but wasn't properly prepared to fight the cravings (that word should be all caps, bold, and flashing with fluorescent lights).

Motivation for my Whole30:

- Create/restore/establish a healthy relationship with food (am I really supposed to LOVE it this much?)

- losing the last pounds since having my 1.5YO since working out alone isn't doing it

- to stop acting like a person with narcolepsy in the afternoon because of my sugar and caffeine addiction

My known challenge:

-Resisting temptation! 2 kids and a full house that loves bread and dairy products. Thankfully I am the only who loves the wine!

- Only eating 3 meals a day. I have been a 6 small meals per day person for years. Of course, I think that somewhere (probably called pregnancy?) I just became a grazer. Since I am standing in the way of admitting my pasture animal tendencies... I will become a square meal eater.

Here was what I ate today....

Breakfast: apple, tahini, chicken breast, black coffee (cut my caffeine down to 1 cup/day last week!!)

( I know I should prob cut out the tahini though, right? Maybe need a different nut butter.)

Lunch: eggs, salmon, cherry tomatoes, a tad of olive oil, roasted brussel sprouts

Dinner: salmon, roasted asparagus, lemon water

Snacks: tea, walnuts & dehydrated strawberries, handful of blueberries, sip of coconut milk

How do I feel today.......

Had a great workout and ample energy all day. I can't even imagine getting to Day 30. However, with all the novelty and excitement, I am floating with confidence. But the sugar, chocolate and wine demon is knocking on the door. So... I think it means it's bedtime!

Today was Day 2. I actually have no idea how I made it through the day. The cravings I experienced were super strong! I spent each meal fantasizing about what I wanted to be eating. Probably not the healthiest idea, I know, but I couldn't stop.

Bkfst:3 eggs and cherry tomotoes, coffee with coconut milk

(imaginary breakfast oatmeal or toast with raspberry jam or both :D )

Lunch: Pork chops with cilantro, ginger, garlic, salt, olive oil, almond puree

(imaginary lunch: above with toasted sourdough)

Snack: spoonful of tahini and 2 cups of herbal tea

(imaginary snack: whole bar of dark chocolate with blueberries)

Dinner: salmon, roasted parsnips, carrots and fennel

(imaginary dinner: salmon, roasted veggies and a crisp pinot grigio)

Even though my body felt full, I couldn't shake the mental hunger. I "wanted" something. Dig my teeth into something. Felt a little like a caged animal.

So, looks like I have some meditation, stretching and body pampering to do this evening to get a little centered.

My goals for tomorrow is to truly appreciate the good food I am making and eating.

Archived