breaded fish

TimeForChangeMike

Day 13 here! Feeling very sllooooowww in the brain...

I am a pescaterian, and I wonder if I'm not getting enough fat/protein?

3-4 eggs in am with a green and sweet potato 

lunch is usually tuna or salmon salad and veggie/fruit

dinner is another type of fish plus potato and a veggie.

I do have cooking fat, usually olive oil, with each meal.

Snacks are fruit or a handful of nuts.

Any advice or feedback is very welcome. Happy Monday, all! 

PS: never did I think I'd be querying a forum on how to get more fat into my diet! :)

• Moderators

Ya, you need to eat more fat... your breakfast and dinner, as written have no added fat.  We usually say to not count the cooking fat as a lot is left in the pan or divided into portions when cooking more than one serving.

Avocado, mayo, mayo based sauces, pesto, olives, rendered animal fat, coconut milk... there are tons of great fats out there that would be great with the meals you've listed!  If you up your fat content you should be able to get 4-5 hours between meals and the need for snacking should diminish... your goal is 3 meals, 4-5 hours apart, no snacking... If you want more directed help, listing out quantities of foods and meal timing would help :)

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, ArtFossil said:

And clarified butter (ghee) with grilled fish. Or make mayo and make a tartar sauce with compliant gherkins and add whatever other spices or mustard or lemon you like. Bliss!

Could you please come to my house and make me dinner... like right now?  Your description is making my mouth water!

8 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Could you please come to my house and make me dinner... like right now?  Your description is making my mouth water!

Consider it done. The grilled salmon I had last night--with leftovers today for lunch--was almost a religious experience. :)

• Moderators

I moved into a new place about five years ago and said 'ah, who cares if I can't have a bbq'.  I love my place but that was an ill advised thought... and there's just nothing like grilled fish... 

(and people say Whole30 is dull and restrictive... HA!)

Archived