Clarify Portion Size for "mini-meals"

HealingWithin

Hello all!

I would like to clarify the way I understand mini-meals and the meal template. If someone could please confirm that I understand this correctly or tell me where I am missing information, I would greatly appreciate it.

My understanding is that my aim is to eat three meals per day and that those meals should be spaced between 4 and 5 hours apart. If I get hungry, I should have mini meal.

Should my mini meal only be enough food to get me through to the original 4 to 5 hour mark?

So, if I eat breakfast at 7:30 and find myself physically hungry at 10:30, should I only eat enough to get me to around 12? Or should I eat enough to get me through another 4 or 5 hours? Does it really matter?

Thank you!

Hello Christie,

I'm not a moderator, but I've been doing it like, eat Meal Two at 12:00 PM, then I usually get hungry again around 2:30 PM or 3:30PM, so I try to eat a small portion that will tide me over until I can make Meal Three at home (usually around 6 PM). So basically, I eat enough to keep me good for another 2-3 hours.

I'm still adjusting to the "mini-meal" template, but when I plan successfully, I think of 1-2 mini-frittata muffins as a "mini-meal" (as they include eggs/vegetables/meat in 1 small package) or I would think of a small plate/tiny bowl of leftovers to be a "mini-meal".

• 1 month later...

I've just been doing a four-meal program, with one meal, usually the late morning one, a little smaller than the other three. I call them breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is between 7:30 and 8:30 am; brunch, usually my smaller meal, around noon; lunch between 3 and 4 pm, and supper between 7:30 and 8:30 pm.

Cannot *tell* you how liberating that has been, to ONLY eat 4 times a day. Being diabetic, I was encouraged to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day, which meant I ended up eating all day! Now I stop and think whether I'm hungry or not.

Archived