I am in whole 30 approved chocolate heaven

Julia

Fun to see this -- I just had a cup of "bulletproof" crio bru this afternoon. I've been reading (elsewhere) about fermented cod liver oil and butter oil being so healthful. So I called the place and it turns out the their butter oil sounds just like my ghee (which I made from raw milk butter).

So I've been trying to have a "dose" of my ghee every day. It was too late in the day for me to have coffee but I had a package of crio bru in the cupboard...

So I had a quick look at the Criobru....do you make it in a coffee maker? I have yet to make chocolate chili but it's on my list. I have been have a Whole30 mocha latte with cocoa powder, expresso and coconut milk. I go to a small coffee shop and take my own milk. It is growing on me and I love having the extra calcium in the milk in the afternoon.

Praxis and Suzy, I'm not a fan of the Crio Bru. It filled a need today when I wanted a coffee-ish drink with Ghee. But overall I find that it smells amazing but tastes a bit weak. I bought it in August and thought I'd be using it regularly but I don't.

Before the W30, I used Pero for my coffee-ish drink when I don't want caffeine. It's made from roasted grains so I assume it's off limits during the W30. It has more body to it than the Crio Bru and it has a stronger flavor.

I put a whole lot of Crio Bru in today (two full coffee scoops for a 12 oz cup).

I used a Clever Coffee with a filter.

Terez

I have been used CrioBru for a couple of years now. It is my evening drink. I used to have it with almond milk and splenda. Now...coconut milk or the coconut "crack". It doesn't taste nearly as good now as it used to. So that makes me wonder if it is the Crio I have been loving or the splenda.

I am hoping I will soon start to taste some sweetness from the coconut milk but it has been two+ weeks and it hasn't happened yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried it cold personally because I don't "do" cold coffee drinks. However, this is from their website. Scroll part way down the page to where it says "cool crio recipes".

http://www.criobru.com/cook-with-crio/

Has anyone tried cold brewing this? I have to do that with coffee because the acid bothers me too much. Was curious about this - it sounds heavenly!

I haven't tried it cold personally because I don't "do" cold coffee drinks. However, this is from their website. Scroll part way down the page to where it says "cool crio recipes".

http://www.criobru.com/cook-with-crio/

Thanks very much. :) Criobru make a concentrate using hot water. I make coffee concentrate using cold water - it is much less acidic. For coffee, you take a pound of course ground coffee and soak it in cold water for 12-24 hours. Then filter it. It becomes a very strong coffee concentrate that you just add hot water to for coffee. I was just wondering if anyone had tried cold water filtering crio bru. I think I will just buy some and try it. :)

Archived