First Whole??

Shelli

Shelli, I'm loving your log here. Thanks so much. But you've *got* to tell me about this breakfast casserole recipe. Where can I find it?

I'm on Day 8 today, and doing okay so far. Definitely feeling detox-y, but that's a GOOD thing.

Keep rollin' , lady!

Hi Martihana- Thank you for the encouragement!

Here is the recipe: http://www.paleoplan...omelet-muffins/

The first time I did these I made the mini muffins like it calls for but the second time i just put the entire mix into a silicone cake pan. I really didn't measure I just added eggs, frozen peppers and onions and some frozen chopped spinach, plus salt and pepper, oh and i also chopped up some Applegate Farms Organic Chicken Hotdogs and added them in. Mixed it all together until it looked the way I wanted and poured it into the pan. Baked it until it stopped jiggling (checking every 10 minutes or so) and until my toothpick came out clean.

Hope you like it! Keep up the good work!

P.S. I found this recipe via thefoodee.com they are TONS of W30 compliant recipes on there!

Wow day 23. I can't believe I am already so far into my new food journey. When I started my first W30 I decided form the very start that I would not limit myself by numbers of days. I see 30 days as a minimum. I WANT THE MAGIC! I think I am getting glimpses into the magic but I am not there yet by any means. I decided today that I will continue my W?? through the end of lent and then I will evaluate if I want to continue or if I want to continue on.

I did a handful of large cook-ups when I started three weeks ago and I still have food in the freezer! However, now I have been eating off of these recipes for weeks and I am looking for more variety. Tonight after work I headed to the store for some fresh meats. I bought a whole chicken to roast that I will put in the slow cooker tomorrow night. Strips of beef for a stir fry that I made for dinner tonight, more on that later. I also got 2 pork cube steaks and one top round steak. I already have a surplus of fresh veggies so I will come home and make a cut of meat and roast some veggies for dinners. That will get me through the week and I will have more left-overs for lunches as well. I am going to pick a few more new recipes to cook-up over the weekend as well. I have always found cooking sort of boring in the past. No more! :wub:

Day 23 eats

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and one Applegate beef hotdog, black coffee to drink

Lunch: Cubed pork shoulder with sauerkraut and a big salad of mixed baby greens, grape tomatoes, mushrooms and avocado. I used my Penzeys "sandwich sprinkle" for dressing. Delish!

Dinner: Beef, veggie stir-fry and roasted brussle sprouts. More...

I have never been a throw in this and that and make some darn good food sort of person. That is changing! I was inspired by the strip cut beef and wanted to come home and make a stir-fry. I have never made one, ever. I knew that my Well Fed cookbook would lead me in the right direction and that even if I didn't have everything one of the recipes called for that I could adapt to things I did have handy. I searched stir-fry in the book (thank you, Kindle Fire) and I came across her recipe for "The Best Stir-fry Sauce Ever" I had everything that I needed for it, substituting lime juice for the orange juice. I doubled the recipe because I LOVE saucy food. Then I marinated the beef in the sauce while I got my veggies ready. I pulled out everything that I knew would work together, including baby carrots, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms. I added a little salt and pepper to them and put them in the stove-top steamer. I started the meat and the sauce in a skillet. Everything was wonderful! I should have cooked the meat a little slower, it was a little tough, totally my doing. But totally tasty! The sauce is pretty spicy! Yummo!

I also roasted some brussle sprouts in the oven. I chopped of the stem and took off the loose leaves then I tossed them in some coconut oil and salt and pepper. I roasted them for about 30 minutes, tossing them around every 10 minutes. I have never had brussle sprouts in my life. They are so good! I will be roasting them again soon!

All righty! Gotta get to bed early. Ash Wednesday Mass at 7am tomorrow. :blink:

So, so far behind but doing great!

So here is the skinny. This week has been great on many levels and not just the W30. It is the beginning of the Lent season and on Wednesday I made plans to meet up with a friend (crush) in Las Vegas in March. I am super excited about so much right now! :D

Ash Wednesday, Day 24 Eats:

I was on a fast for this day and did not eat any meat. As the fasting rules go you can have 2 small meals that would not equal 1 normal meal and you can have one regular sized meal. This is the minimum sacrifice and this is what I did to stay compliant and still meet my obligation. ;)

Breakfast 2 scrambled eggs, black coffee

Lunch baby greens salad mix with grape tomatoes with water to drink

Dinner grilled salmon and avocado water to drink and then later a mug of sleepy time tea

Day 25 Eats:

Breakfast 2 friend eggs and 1 Applegate beef hot dog

Lunch shrimp cavichi with tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro, kale chips with water to drink

Dinner 1 home made sausage patty. I failed at dinner on Thursday. I went to a weapons training/shooting class and I was completely not prepared. I would have had to eat in the car or not at all. So I went with not at all… well except for the patty. I was not too hungry… ate too many kale chips and I got some really lower gas pains. Boo. My body is not use to super foods. lol

Day 26 Eats:

Breakfast 3 fried eggs with avocado and salsa, so, so yummy. The salsa and my lower gi track did not get along but probably from all of the peppers and onions

Lunch A little shrimp cavichi, grilled salmon patty with avocado and a small baby greens salad with water to drink

Dinner Salmon patties, with lemon pepper shrimp, roasted broccoli and asparagus and avocado.

So, so far behind but doing great!

So here is the skinny. This week has been great on many levels and not just the W30. It is the beginning of the Lent season and on Wednesday I made plans to meet up with a friend (crush) in Las Vegas in March. I am super excited about so much right now!

post-13474-0-37908400-1361218842_thumb.j

post-13474-0-71293800-1361218862_thumb.j

post-13474-0-87308400-1361219007_thumb.j

Well, well looky there, I am posting on a Saturday. Woot!

Today was a great day! I went to bed way past normal last night but I slept great and got up at my regular time. I put in some good time on my treadmill too.

Day 27 Eats:

Breakfast two hard-boiled eggs

Lunch beef, veggie stir-fry

Dinner HUGE salad with romaine lettuce, grilled chicken breast, tomato, black olives, hard boiled eggs, avocado and Tessemae's zesty ranch dressing.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day… not sure if I will make it on… But I'll try!

G'nite!

I cannot believe that my first 30 days are almost gone!

I spent most of my day in Dallas yesterday with my son and his friend. We went to Mass at the Cathedral in Dallas and then did tons of walking around. We finished the night out with a Dallas Stars hockey game. Great day!

Day 28 Eats:

Breakfast two hard boiled eggs and 1 Applegate beef hotdog, black coffee

Lunch ok so Mass was at noon and we spent the next several hours out and about so my next meal was more like "LunDin" and it was at about 3:30pm. Huge salad of baby greens. When I saw this salad on the menu it did not have a dressing listed so I totally forgot to ask them to leave it off. So when it arrived, back to the kitchen it went. I had some Tessemae's in my purse and I gave the salad a good dose of the buffalo sauce. It was great! The salad had a HUGE pile of mixed greens, a few small tomatoes and 3 large grilled shrimp. Water with lime to drink.

Dinner/Snack Much to my surprise they had a W30 friendly snack at the arena! YAY! I had 3 ounces of plain roasted almonds with no salt and a bottle of water.

Ok off for now, but more later on my day 29.

post-13474-0-34531400-1361219897_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

OK- so I took a forum break... I have this W30 thing in the bag. :D

I am officially on day 40. YAY! I think that the food log really, really helped me get on and stay on track. And even though I still often take pics of what I have cooked I don't feel the need to post every meal on her any longer. Eating W30 is now my way of life. It will by no means be a W365 however, I plan on staying mostly W30 all of the time. I am feeling pretty great and as of my 31st day I have dropped 15 pounds! I am planning on writing up a summery and I will post the link to that here when it is done.

Thanks to the people have given me encouragement along my journey. :wub:

• 1 year later...

OK- so I took a forum break... I have this W30 thing in the bag. :D

I am officially on day 40. YAY! I think that the food log really, really helped me get on and stay on track. And even though I still often take pics of what I have cooked I don't feel the need to post every meal on her any longer. Eating W30 is now my way of life. It will by no means be a W365 however, I plan on staying mostly W30 all of the time. I am feeling pretty great and as of my 31st day I have dropped 15 pounds! I am planning on writing up a summery and I will post the link to that here when it is done.

Thanks to the people have given me encouragement along my journey. :wub:

HAHA! Famous last words. I did around 56 days and then it slowly but surely got out of control. Le sigh.  :wacko:

Here is where I am now: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/20913-w30-part2-august-11-2014/

Archived