Starting Friday

chrissybaby11

Ok my hubby and I are looking for a change in our lives and are starting with The Whole30 Friday.

I am a little confused on what spices we can use...can anybody please help?

Also any tips for us...I used to do Weight Watchers so this is a whole new world for me. I lost about 50 last year but am struggling with the next 35 lbs!

• Moderators

Every important question and most minor questions are answered in the guidelines - http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5-the-official-whole30%C2%AE-program/. I recommend reading them through at least 3 times to become familiar.

I learned to love spices doing my first Whole30. My kitchen counter is covered with dozens and dozens of them now.

I'm only 6 days in, but I've used more spices in this week-ish than I ever believed possible! I just bought Sweet Paprika for a pulled pork recipe...and white pepper...I'm using cumin like it's going out of style too! And I actually used coriander seeds (had to grind them) and ground mustard!

So yeah...the moral of the story is...the spices will help you survive! Bland food won't keep you from snacking mid-afternoon like flavorful food will!

Archived