Going the Whole30 with the Gratitude Attitude

wholehealth

Hey Alex, welcome! I love your dedication and I am sure you will finish the whole30 this time! I found that doing whole30 seriously makes me think about so much stuff in my life my head is brimming and I would need to blog tons of it, so I think starting your blog is a wonderful idea of sharing and paying it forward.

Good luck Alex. I'm on day 28. I'm sleeping better than I have for many years, and feeling great overall. The only, and I mean only, thing I'm looking forward to adding back to my diet is the occasional glass of wine. I'll likely continue to eat this way with the occasional add-in over time.

• Moderators

Love the attitude! And the Whole30 can be an introduction to a much bigger world of eating than before. Back when I ate anything, I never tried lamb, bison, many cuts of beef and pork, duck, and many types of fish. I never tried fennel, celery root, red cabbage, parsnips, kohlrabi, kale, and many other vegetables. Now that I eat the Whole30 way, the variety included in my meals has ballooned!

• Moderators

I'm glad you're getting a handle on the perfection thing. As to perfection... Dallas and Melissa call me a "Whole30 expert" (check it out on page 288 of It Starts With Food), but during my first Whole30, I ate white potatoes every Thursday. I read through the guidelines just once before I started and missed the part about not eating white potatoes. I was going to a buffet at a Greek restaurant every Thursday with a friend and helped myself to white potatoes every week, not knowing I was not doing my Whole30 perfectly. I was chagrined later when I reread the guidelines, but my Whole30 in May 2010 was the start of permanent, wonderful change. Hang in there.

Archived