Kill All The Things Rage Week 3 of W30

One of my best friends/coworkers is doing the Whole 30 with me. We have both realized we're super touchy and ready to explode at a moment's notice, Hulksmash style, starting around Day 18 (we're on 23 now). Him more than me. Anyone else encounter this or have words of wisdom?

My personal thought is that it's a combination of: coping with stress without booze/food (or maybe not coping super well - ha), being more highly attuned to everything going on around us, and probably not getting enough exercise (to exhaust some of the energy we're feeling ore than ever). Also, even though we've both really enjoyed our W30 and are are going to stay paleo and pretty hardcore, the fact that "doing whatever we want" is thisclose might be leaking some weird anticipation and on-edge-ness into our minds.

Thank you for any ideas, kind people!

"Hulksmash style" - love this! This describes me last week to a tee. It has gotten better now but I sure was pissed off about the whole thing and ready to say "Screw this"! I'm hanging in there though. Good luck!!

I think you already know the answer to this:

My personal thought is that it's a combination of: coping with stress without booze/food (or maybe not coping super well - ha), being more highly attuned to everything going on around us, and probably not getting enough exercise (to exhaust some of the energy we're feeling ore than ever).

The psychological aspect of the Whole30 is just as important as eating the right foods: you realize how you use food as a coping method, and how you respond to having restrictions. A lot of people don't deal really well with restrictions. Wanting nothing more than rebel against "rules" (you can't eat that) is very common. For that reason, I believe that you need to be 100% on board when starting a W30. Consider a shift in your attitude: instead of thinking "I can't eat this and that... I can't eat paleo cookies", try thinking "I could eat this and that, and that paleo cookie, but I don't want to because I am focusing 100% on my health for 30 days".

And overall, try not to think about your W30 too much. I know it's easier said than done, but always thinking about food (and fearing to eat something non compliant by accident) will cause a lot of stress. Make it fun, too! You could have a weekly cooking contest (you each cook a meal on different days and try to make the best recipe you can find), or make a weekly potluck, etc.

Thank you, ladies.

We've been doing weekly dinner parties and really enjoying our W30...for the most part we've felt like a million bucks! Just started getting majorly cantankerous the past few days! Thanks for the validation on my ideas - we're going to have a therapy/strategy session over a cup of tea this afternoon based on your feedback. :)

I just hit my KILL ALL THE THINGS today I think. Story behind my being super angry (or am I rightfully angry? DUNNO!):

I had physical therapy this morning, so I got to work an hour and a quarter after everyone else. Almost all the parking available was gone, so I park in a far away spot between a car on one side and either a car or a snowbank on the other. Well enough that I could still get my backpack and PT clothes out of the car.

I don't leave to eat out for lunch; most people do. I leave after work, go get weighed in (part of my job), and went for a 2-ish (2-2.25) mile walk. Came back, feeling great, grabbed the stuff I'd left in my office and left. Get to my car to go check mail and someone has hand-written a note and stuck it under my windshield wiper that says "COULD YOU PARK BETTER NEXT TIME OTHER PEOPLE NEED TO PARK HERE TOO"

Seriously? There is snow all over the spaces so no one can see lines. Whatever happened to assuming the best of someone (i.e. maybe everyone else parked crappily when they got back from lunch since my car hadn't been moved? AARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! SO PISSED!!!!! :angry:

I was having such an awesome day, too... :(

I just hit my KILL ALL THE THINGS today I think. Story behind my being super angry (or am I rightfully angry? DUNNO!):

I had physical therapy this morning, so I got to work an hour and a quarter after everyone else. Almost all the parking available was gone, so I park in a far away spot between a car on one side and either a car or a snowbank on the other. Well enough that I could still get my backpack and PT clothes out of the car.

I don't leave to eat out for lunch; most people do. I leave after work, go get weighed in (part of my job), and went for a 2-ish (2-2.25) mile walk. Came back, feeling great, grabbed the stuff I'd left in my office and left. Get to my car to go check mail and someone has hand-written a note and stuck it under my windshield wiper that says "COULD YOU PARK BETTER NEXT TIME OTHER PEOPLE NEED TO PARK HERE TOO"

Seriously? There is snow all over the spaces so no one can see lines. Whatever happened to assuming the best of someone (i.e. maybe everyone else parked crappily when they got back from lunch since my car hadn't been moved? AARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! SO PISSED!!!!! :angry:

I was having such an awesome day, too... :(

A tiger does not concern itself with the opinion of sheep.

Let it go and carry on.

Archived