Pre Made Paleo

Good morning-

I am new to this new way of life. I figured I would read, "It Starts With Food" and while I get in the swing of cooking for myself again I would order the Whole 30 approved Premade Paleo food package. I got my shipment last night. Does anyone else use their service? I am a tad confused about a few things. I know I am to eat a protein portion along with 2 sides, however, some of the meals are stew like and have veg already in them. Do I eat 2 sides along with the stews? There was also a bunch of trail mix which I am assuming are snacks. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Renee

Where does it say you need a protein and two sides? I thought our meals just needed to be protein, veg, and fat?

I could be being confused again (I dont know why but week 1 is making me not so smart literally) so if I am off base sorry

Okay, the Premade Paleo meals do come with a template of a protein and two sides. That is not the Whole30 template, for Julia, just the Premade Paleo one (though all of their meals are Whole30 compliant).

In each package, you should find an insert telling you what qualifies as what. For example, the tomato bisque counts as two vegetable sides, and the chicken chayote stew counts as a protein and two sides (a complete meal). Sometimes the individual servings are labeled, but sometimes they forget, so the inserts are important.

If all else fails and you are still confused, email or call them! They are cool people and good about communicating.

Renee, I'm not super familiar with the Premade Paleo program, but I would just go by feel and by hunger.

I mean, think about soups in normal food life. Sometimes they're convenient just on their own, but more often they're a first course or a side to something more. Treat it like normally and don't overthink it too much!!! :)

Oh! Can you pair up the number of sides you have w the protein dishes, and then figure out how many you have left for the soups?

Archived