The movie "Hungry for a Change"

SarrizleP

Ok, not sure if this is a good place for this post but I figure if someone is having trouble staying on track this movie might help! It's called Hungry for a Change and it's on Netflix. Has anybody else watched it? It's all about the crazy additives the food industry puts in EVERYTHING that makes food more addictive, and all the chemicals and nonsense we're eating now. It definitely just added fuel to my Whole30 fire! Some of it was things I already knew but there was some info in it I wasn't aware of as well. For instance, when scientists want to study obesity related things they make lab mice fat. To do that (because mice don't get fat naturally) they feed them MSG. The exact same MSG is in 80% of foods at the grocery store, and under many other names. I mean, wow. Makes the label reading even more important!

I did enjoy this documentary, even though it's got more of a vegetarian approach. They don't say that meat is bad, but they don't mention it that much either (they mentionned salmon, but nothing on free range/grass-fed/organic meat) Big focus in juicing at the end, which I might or might not agree with... I think what's important it to eat lots of veggies, no matter how you get them into your body.

I really enjoyed the part on sugar, lab-made food and the need to "detox" (our body protects itself from chemicals by keeping them isolated in fat cells, and as long as you eat chemicals, you won't be able to lose weight, because it would mean releasing chemicals into the body). I just wish it talked about good protein souces!

Archived