So there I was in week 2 of my whole 30 craving everything; scones, muffins, popcorn, potato chips. Stuff I rarely eat anyway. This is my second Whole 30 and I was wishing I'd kept a diary of my first one, but anyway I didn't remember wanting, craving so much so often. Then, day 20, magic struck and I was completely satisfied with my diet, feeling over nourished even. And I got a little sad. I remembered how much I love muffins and scones, popcorn and salty snacks. And I missed the cravings because I knew right then and there, I would not be the same person on day 31. I would not immediately grab a baked good and, in the future when I craved one, I may go ahead and treat myself, but most likely I'll eat a banana instead. Darn you Whole 30! Why are you so effective?

So you're saying there's hope for me (Day 6)? Hooray! My husband will be home at the end of my W30 and he's already said that he wants "simple carbs" because he's doing a marathon. He's so worried about it he won't listen to anything. He is willing to try it (maybe) after the marathon. I'm just worried about having fresh bread in the house (I will make it as it'll be at least somewhat healthier...or maybe I'll just make him eat the organic kind at the store so I don't have to smell it baking all day...

Archived