Homemade protein bars?

Jenee Day

Hello. I'm brand new, this is my first day and first post. Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.

I make protein bars, they contain whole ingredients except, of course, for the protein powder. Do I need to stop eating these? I figure the answer is 'yes', but I'm asking because they are one of my favorite things.

Also, if I can ask a second question, what is your day of eating like? I searched through the forum to find a simple plan that doesn't require lots of planning but I didn't see anything. So far today I've had egg whites plus one yolk, green beans, and a salad with some chicken. I like to keep it simple. :)

Thanks!

Have you read It Starts With Food yet? If not, I think that you'd find it extremely beneficial I'm getting started. I attempted my first whole30 prior to reading it, and, well, I made a lot of mistakes. Protein bars are not the best choice on this program (and, probably, in general). There is a meal planning template PDF you can download here: http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/ which should help.

To me, it doesn't sound like you're eating enough, especially fat, which is setting yourself up for failure. Eat as many eggs as you can hold in one hand - whole eggs, not egg whites.

For a more photographic example of a day of eating, I've blogged photos of each meal I've eaten in the past 24 days. Click the link in my signature to browse. And for reference about myself, I'm a 5'8" female, light-moderate activity, right in the middle of the healthy BMI range. And yes, I DO eat that much, and yes, it is awesome. :D Best of luck to you!

Hi jenee & welcome

yeah the protein poweder is out , whey=dairy and it's heavily processed and it prob has sweeteners in it too.

If you click on the link to my log you'll see how I eat but I do enjoy cooking so maybe not as simple as you're looking for.

Have you read the book? It really is worth a read.

Slighty crossed posts with Callan there :)

hi jenee, welcome :) i'm also pretty new (day 12, whoo!). my bf and i both work full-time jobs so we also try to keep things pretty simple since we don't have a ton of time to cook each day. feel free to check out our blog (in my signature) for ideas! making simple things in bulk like baked chicken thighs, roasted butternut squash, or cauliflower rice (so good) is really helpful so you can just reheat stuff during the week.

to echo callan, def get enough fat & protein esp in the mornings! adding a little more meat or avocado to your bfast (if you like avocados) goes a long way.

I am a simple food whole20 gal. I tend to do a lot of meat with kale, meat with veggies, etc. :) I do Mexican meat with veggies, salsa, and avocado. I keep a container of cooked ground beef in the fridge and a Mexican bowl takes me five minutes. Same with say a ground beef curry with riced cauliflower. Honestly if you grind the cauliflower fine it cooks in like 4 minutes. In another pan I throw the cooked meat, some kale, frozen veggies, coconut milk, curry powder, etc. and that is done by the time my cauliflower is done. Minutes! I rarely cook something for myself that takes more than minutes. Now today I splurge and made primal palette's carrot souffle to go with y broccoli an venison but that is maybe once a week. Also, use your crockpot. Five minutes of prep for rich in flavor foods. Nom nom paleo ribs? Yum.

Archived